Looking to lose 50lbs, need support

Options
Hi all

Used MFP before to get down from 300lbs to around 240lbs. Have been off and on now for around 2 years and currently weigh 256lbs. I want to get to 200lbs in the long run.

My goal is to continue to eat healthy every day and exercise around 3 times a week. I'm starting a new job and can walk to work daily whereas before I was driving a lot, so that'll help I hope. My biggest battle, like many, is with food and being consistent. A bad day and takeaway food always seems like the solution. I know how to become healthy I just need the support to get there.

Would love to add others here with (or without!) similar goals to my own.

Replies

• kelszilla
    kelszilla Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm looking to lose 50 pounds too!!
    I'm 209 pounds but would like to get 160lbs...
    Would love the help and motivation and I can help as much as I can :smile:
  • maggieny06
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 50 lbs! Just started with MFP although I started dieting 6 weeks ago. I'm down 13 lbs but need to add exercise on a regular basis to really be successful. Blew the dust off the rowing machine this afternoon. I'll be sore tomorrow but happy to do something to offset a tough weekend food-wise. Happy to help motivate and be motivated!
  • chelbel89
    chelbel89 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Ive been yo-yoing on MFP for forever. I would love some super supportive friends!! I am hoping to lose at least 50lbs as well!
  • mvince1889
    Options
    Hi my name is Marie. How do we communicate on here? This is my first time
  • lholmes1985
    lholmes1985 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi!

We have the same weight loss goal. 50 pounds, ugh! Soooo much!

I've found its best to set short term goals first so I don't get discouraged! 5 pounds in 2 weeks, 5 more pounds in another two weeks! It's helped me get the weight loss going
  • ChristopherHoward686
    ChristopherHoward686 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to break 200lbs myself! If you are having a bad day, let everyone on here know! We will get you through the bad times and keep you on track to achieving your goals! Feel free to add me as a friend. Thanks!
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Attitude can be your best friend or worse enemy ...you can do it with one day at a time .. Add me if you want ... More peeps the better
  • FindingMyHappyFitness
    Options
    Hello, all! Since 2009, I have lost 59lbs, but have recently (this year) gained back about 20lbs. I have lost about 3 pounds so far, but would like to lose the rest of the 17 lbs I gained back. I know my weight loss goal isn't as substantial as y'alls, but I wouldn't mind keeping each other motivated so every individual achieves their goal. Am I welcome?
  • PaulaMarie1412
    PaulaMarie1412 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone - I am new to MFP and Australian so I need to do the conversions to figure out everyone's situation. I have been using MFP for one week and love it. Lost 1.2kg this week (2.6 pounds), and about 12 pounds since last year when I started the journey without MFP. My goal is 62.5kg (138 pounds) and I have 15.3kg (33 pounds) to go. Exercising 3-4 sessions per week, cardio and weights (only 5 pounds as I want to tone not build). I find making sure I eat the minimum calories for health (for me 1,000 to 1200) and then using exercise to create the deficit has helped to lose the first 1.2kg. Shunning all junk as I find it too easy to drop back into my old habits!
    I've also started hiking and plan to hike the overland track in Tasmania next Feb - working towards this is my motivation.
    Check out Cradle Mountain in Tassie - a beautiful place - maybe it will inspire you too! :)

Good luck all and @DaveWales200. It would be great to join the discussion.

Cheers,
    PaulaMarie
  • tdillabo
    tdillabo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose around 175lbs in total (but of course not expecting that to happen quickly!) I decided to aim for 1lb a week minimum (no more than 2lb) then that is a decent rate to lose....I'm 50 this year so I figure I have to do it now...a good milestone in life.

I am not finding my meal intake much different to normal but I do feel more hungry, I think it must be psychological....or perhaps it is portion control, lack of snacking and the extra exercise....well whatever it is I am sticking with it and working through it, it's only my first week :smiley:

Anyone can add me to join me in my journey
  • DaveWales200
    DaveWales200 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks very much for the offer of support. I've added you all and hopefully I can support you guys back too.
  • Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    50 seems to be a magic number. I am also looking forward to achieve this. In the past I have lost 25 but gained back. But I hope to make the changes permanent. Trying to be more active tan the past on MFP. It would be great to have a support system for sure.
  • Char1922
    Char1922 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Lol I downloaded this app sometime ago, can't remember when, but I guess I'm going to actually begin using it. Feel free to friend me. I have no friends yet, lol. Good luck!
  • idkbaby32
    Options
    Yea I myself am looking to lose 50 or more. Its been tough for me but my friend told me about this and I'm trying it out I never had any support with my effort so hopefully I can get it here n I'm up for being any help I can