I am 5'2", 24 years old, and 260.6 lbs. I need help ....trying to stay motivated.

Options
I feel like I am fitting a losing battle. I feel like I am too big to fix it. When I exercise I can't do like I use to so I'm frustrated at myself for letting me get this way.

Replies

• LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    qaq8th02b4ka.jpg

Feel free to add me!!
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just take it one day at a time. Try not to think about the total amount of weight you have to lose, and break it down into smaller more manageable goals. Make your first challenge to lose 7lb, and when you hit it, reward yourself with something nice (not food!). Just focus on each day at a time.

With exercise, start slowly with some walking. You will soon start to feel fitter, and you will be able to do different workouts.

Stick with it!
  • chardonnaybee
    chardonnaybee Posts: 20 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in the same boat and believe me I hear ya! As long as you keep a positive attitude and have uplifting people with you along your journey you'll do just fine. Feel free to add me and we can inspire eachother ♡
    Stay positive, be healthy and get stronger TOGETHER!
  • pooh82229
    pooh82229 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you :smile:
  • akgeenaminto
    akgeenaminto Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I feel you. Log your food and you'll learn what your intake is and what the poor food choices may be doing to you. Excersize is really secondary to diet imho. Just start today and it will get better. Hugs

I lost 100 by eating right first, got tight after. Peace
  • pooh82229
    Options
    Thank you
  • pooh82229
    Options
    :)
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I started my journey at 23 years old and an obese BMI. I felt overwhelmed too but I knew if I didn't do something then, that number would continue to increase and then I'd be really in trouble. I'm now 75lbs down and 9.2lbs from ultimate goal weight.

I agree with what above posters said, set small goals at first. Small losses eventually add up.
  • pooh82229
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,225 Member
    Options
    I was about the same weight when I started. Like everyone said, start slow....when I rejoined the gym after a 5 month hiatus the first week was hell. My body would be screaming in pain and it felt almost impossible to do much but I pushed through and got my game back on. Eat clean, allow yourself a cheat day but keep check on the portions you eat. Talk to us and stay motivated!

Feel free to add me if you like :smile:
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You're not too big to fix. You have to suffer through the initial stages of what you've done to your body. It hurts, your breathing sucks but you'll make progress as long as you stay persistent.
  • saratabea
    Options
    I know it is hard, especially to stay motivated. What really helped and still helps me is a good work out playlist and online fitness blogs to keep me going. Do not see it as if you have to lose weight as much and as fast as possible. Do it because you love your body and because you wanna be healthier and happier. One step at a time. Log your food. Look into the mirror and try to accept yourself. Be healthy. Go work out. Read The Body Book by Cameron Diaz. And someday you will find yourself happier and healthier, good luck on your exciting journey
  • pooh82229
    Options
    Thank you :)