Wii fit..

Options
Ok so i brought a Wii fit today and it should be arriving in the next few days. I walk 25 mins a day at the moment, and i'm hoping putting a little 'fun' into any kind of exercise will keep me motivated. Does anyone else use, or have tried the Wii? Opinions please!!:tongue:

Replies

• westj15
    westj15 Posts: 20
    Options
    I love my wii :) Get zumba for WII , you won't regret it!!
  • DmansGirl86
    DmansGirl86 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love my wii...I eventually want to buy a wii fit for it...I've done it before and LOVED it!!!
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I use it, more as a warm up for other things than as a primary workout tool. And I will say that it does add an element of fun to getting my body moving!

I do the Body Test every day to see what age it sets me at (today I was 27 years younger than my age!), then sometimes do some of the games. I've gotten pretty good at the hula hoop , I suck at the obstacle course and juggling. Segway was fun, and the flying game is really interesting. There are a bunch of other games too...

I wear a heart rate monitor, and have found that the calories Wii Fit reports for the activities I do there are pretty accurate.
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    Great!! looks like it was a good buy!!

I was looking for zumba classes where i live but its such a small town there is none!! Glad i can get it for the Wii!
  • Curry0724
    Curry0724 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii fit :) But is is never my one source of working out for the day, unless I simply want to do yoga or strength training without weights. It is EXCELLENT for those days when you don't really feel like working out though because you can trick yourself into working out :) "Well I can play a Wii game... skateboarding isn't really working out on this..." but after I've done it for 30 minutes, you better believe I am sweating!
  • ShontaeB
    ShontaeB Posts: 5
    Options
    I love my Wii. Because I am a FT mom and a childcare provider, I dont have the time to go to a gym to workout, or get out and run like I've always wanted to. So the Wii fits it all in right in my living room. I have the Wii Fit Plus and it is awesome! I also add Just Dance 1 & 2 because they work the whole body but I have so much fun dancing I forget it's even a workout. Surely works up quite a sweat too! I want Zumba because I keep hearing good things about it and I'm curious about the Michael Jackson game too...
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try step aerobics but never had the courage to go to a class because that would have meant getting off my lazy *kitten*. Now that I'm on MFP and really changing my life I have tried the Wii step aerobic and I LOVE it!! It's fun!
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus and love it, as a big big girl when i started felt to ashamed and unfit to do anything in public but the wii fit gave me the chance to exercise in fun, I sweat alot and burn loads cals - i used to use it everyday - now it has given me a bit of confidence and now i feel i can do exercises in public . I still use my wii fit twice a week and would recommend it to anyone , hope u have as much fun as i do, Good luck xx
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to try step aerobics but never had the courage to go to a class because that would have meant getting off my lazy *kitten*. Now that I'm on MFP and really changing my life I have tried the Wii step aerobic and I LOVE it!! It's fun!

Me too!!! I unlocked the 2 next step to the step aerobics. I wish I could find time to actaully join a class...but until then I will just wii fit it.
  • amandae79
    amandae79 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use it, more as a warm up for other things than as a primary workout tool. And I will say that it does add an element of fun to getting my body moving!

I do the Body Test every day to see what age it sets me at (today I was 27 years younger than my age!), then sometimes do some of the games. I've gotten pretty good at the hula hoop , I suck at the obstacle course and juggling. Segway was fun, and the flying game is really interesting. There are a bunch of other games too...

I wear a heart rate monitor, and have found that the calories Wii Fit reports for the activities I do there are pretty accurate.

I do my weigh ins on the wii fit. I like how it tells me my weight and BMI. I dont like how it makes my mii SHORT AND FAT lol.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii. Because I am a FT mom and a childcare provider, I dont have the time to go to a gym to workout, or get out and run like I've always wanted to. So the Wii fits it all in right in my living room. I have the Wii Fit Plus and it is awesome! I also add Just Dance 1 & 2 because they work the whole body but I have so much fun dancing I forget it's even a workout. Surely works up quite a sweat too! I want Zumba because I keep hearing good things about it and I'm curious about the Michael Jackson game too...
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The Michael Jackson game is wonderful, you should definitely get it. Good workout and your having so much fun while doing it!!!
  • erdoyle
    erdoyle Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE my wii fit plus. The only thing I caution is that you make sure you get the most out of it. It's hard to keep your heart rate up for extended periods of time when you are navigating through the different screens. Thats why I do alot of the cardio games (they tend to be longer) and I also build my own workouts in the "my wii fit" section. I'm a gamer and I own all three current game systems (xbox 360, playstation 3 and a wii). I can't wait till i have the money to get a kinect and see how that compairs to the wii fit.
  • jonyewest
    jonyewest Posts: 3
    Options
    It's perfect as an accompaniment to a diet or a fitness regimen. Doing that and going to the gym can keep things fresh and keep you from getting too bored with fitness.
  • rukusmay
    rukusmay Posts: 5
    Options
    YAY FOR YOU!!! I love my Wii and use it at least a few times a week- especially when I don't want to get out. Just Dance 2 is so much fun and whew- does it burn those calories! It has a good variety of songs and dance styles. I highly recommend You Tubing it so you can see the various moves and such. WAY FUN! I also do the Wii Step but I purchased a riser for it on eBay. The riser adds about 4 inches to your wii board. I also bought Michael Jackson Experience. It is all MJ songs and dance moves and it works up a sweat, plus you get to learn some cool moves :)