what brought you here?

Options
mrs_watts89
mrs_watts89 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm no stranger to MFP and have had great results in the past. I recently experienced the worst event of my life and that's why I'm back.
I recently gave birth to my second child, a son, via c section on February 2nd, 2015. He was diagnosed with Anencephaly when I was about 17 weeks. My husband and I chose to continue on with the pregnancy and enjoy any time he could give us. He gave us 18 beautiful hours before becoming an angel in heaven. I've always struggled with my weight and knew I had tendencies of being an emotional eater. I didn't want this experience to rob me of a healthier version of myself, or my surviving daughter for that matter. I'm looking for motivated friends that can be there on the days grief hits me hard. I've been going to the gym for about 4 weeks now and feel I'm on a great path for future success.

Replies

• taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how awful that felt. Kudos to you for choosing to come out of it stronger.

My reasons are much more simple. I've been overweight all of my life. And there's just this point in one's life when you realise that you can't put off dealing with the problem any longer. It's now or more and more likely never. To make sure I don't change my mind my body sent me a hard to ignore signal, so I've spent few months in various medical institutions. I can't do any intensive exercising at the moment but I decided not to put off going on a diet. Poor appetite makes it easier too. I've been tracking calories for almost 4 weeks now with past 3 days being on this particular site. I landed here looking for answers for my questions.
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I began using this app strictly to count calories. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I stumbled onto the whole community portion of it. I now find my drive from amazing people like the two of you. We all have different stories and backgrounds but to witness people pushing through their daily struggles and still pursue their fitness goals is nothing short of inspirational. I have met some pretty amazing people on here and have the foundation for one hell of a support group.
  • idkbaby32
    Options
    Been overweight most of my life on top of having children its made it hard for me to stay on track but just recently have came across some medical issues and the weight ain't helping much. But my biggest thing is I want to be able to play outside with my kids n run around with them just kinda hard to do when I get outta breath to quick I have tried before but I'm really going to stick to it this time
  • mrs_watts89
    mrs_watts89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I just keep focusing on one day at a time.
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

Health issues brought me back. A 4.5 day stay on the cardiac floor of our local hospital one week after having knee surgery made me realize I need to do something. The ortho surgeon repaired my torn meniscus and the cardiologist said there was no damage from what I had. I was very lucky. I still have to take it a bit easy, but every day I feel better and stronger.