Progress pics: Female, 6ft Tall, 29 lbs lost in 14 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    cydneejae wrote: »
    Great progress OP. As a fellow tall girl, seeing the results are so slow. Your results are very noticeable. I am 6'2 227- SW: 240 and I cannot see a real difference. Same clothes size, but I feel better for sure! Good luck!

I'm barely shy of 6'2" and I know what you mean about the slow progress. So frustrating, but don't be disheartened! The good news is that the more weight you lose the faster the clothing sizes seem per kilo/pound lost, I guess because each kilo represents a greater percentage of your body fat.

OP, thanks for the inspiration. It's nice to see what I could look like after losing another 15kg, and it's usually very hard to visualise the end result, because most of the success stories are for much shorter people :smile:
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Just outstanding, congratulations!
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    stepherz84 wrote: »
    I decided to take some comparison photos tonight to push me towards my goal. I can definitely see the difference although I was kinda expecting to see a bigger difference considering I've lost just over 2 stone but I guess it's the tall thing! I'm pretty pleased though and have 5 lbs to my initial goal weight. Here are my stats:

Female, 30 years old, 6ft tall

SW 5th jan: 187
    CW : 158
    GW : 153

Thank you so much for the inspiration! Fellow 6 footer here and I began my most recent journey at 250 in October and I'm at 193 now. I get alot of people telling me that I've lost enough and I need to stop but I don't feel that I do. I weigh in and track my fat percentage and my doctor said that 150-170 is considered "normal weight" for my age. Others say that's too thin. Clearly, from your pictures it is not impossible or too thin because you look AWESOME. Wish more tall women on here would post their progress. Thanks again!
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    cydneejae wrote: »
    Great progress OP. As a fellow tall girl, seeing the results are so slow. Your results are very noticeable. I am 6'2 227- SW: 240 and I cannot see a real difference. Same clothes size, but I feel better for sure! Good luck!

I know your pain! But don't give up! I started at 250 and I didn't notice a big difference til about 230 and it took others until I got to about 220 to notice. I'm in the 190s now after about 6 months and people say things daily and I went from a size 18-12. The hardest part is behind you!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    so Jealous, we are like the same height, and your high weight was my normal weight for like 10 years up until the last two years where i put on 50 lbs....and somehow without noticing. :/ GREAT JOB! YOU LOOK HAWT!
  • Headtothemountains
    Headtothemountains Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm 6'1 194 currently and I feel like I look far larger than your first pic. You look fabulous in both!! I'm also open for more tall friends if anyone wants to add me :)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you so much for the inspiration! Fellow 6 footer here and I began my most recent journey at 250 in October and I'm at 193 now. I get alot of people telling me that I've lost enough and I need to stop but I don't feel that I do. I weigh in and track my fat percentage and my doctor said that 150-170 is considered "normal weight" for my age. Others say that's too thin. Clearly, from your pictures it is not impossible or too thin because you look AWESOME. Wish more tall women on here would post their progress. Thanks again!

*insert eye roll here* Stop listening to your friends. The only people you need to listen to are your doctor and yourself. The way you feel in your body is what matters, and you keep the doctor around to make sure that the way you feel is healthy. Friends tend to be jealous just of the fact that you've lost, even IF they are skinnier than you. They see you setting goals and accomplishing them and its hard for them to watch, even if they don't admit it. You are not wrong 150-170 is healthy. I'm 5'11.5'' and I'm going for 160 high end, and 145 low end for weight loss. I'm not letting anyone else tell me what I need. When I get to 165 I'll readjust and see if I even need to lose more, maybe I'll be just happy there.

Love you tall ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!