The Last 10 lbs

Options
morgiedoll333
morgiedoll333 Posts: 23 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Any advice to help push through losing the last 10 lbs?
I understand that at this point they're "vanity pounds" but a goal is a goal nonetheless. Just thought I'd ask the lovely MFP community!

Replies

• sly9798
    sly9798 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble with the last 15. It's terrible!!
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The last 10 -15 are the worst I am about about 8 lbs from goal and struggling!!! I think we have to just reduce calories a bit more and change up the exercise as our bodies have become used for the routine EASIER SAID THAN DONE
  • Somaye94
    Somaye94 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am stuck at the last 13 lbs... I think I need more motivation to go on...
  • wagagaga
    wagagaga Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What was your starting point? I have last 10lbs to loose and I'm a bit worried that is not going to be easy. So far I lost 20 lbs.
  • sly9798
    sly9798 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30. That was quick. Now I'm stuck!
  • morgiedoll333
    morgiedoll333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear there are others struggling too lol! Feel free to friend request me!
    I'm 5'3" and started at 153.
    I've lost 30 and have been maintaining that for about a month, give or take. Tried to allow my body to be comfortable here, now I want to push and get those last 10 gone!!!
  • jasmineruth
    jasmineruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40 and have 10-15 to go. The scale hasn't changed in two weeks. I am just trying to push through, track more regularly, work out harder. It is tough. Anyone else who is in the same boat feel free to add me.
  • tiffanyking1976
    tiffanyking1976 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5.3 lbs to go . Eating at a deficit and this morning im up 1 lb. Gonna be a long battle i think
  • katieross1508
    katieross1508 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a girlfriend that lost 40 ibls and plateaued for 5 months without dropping a pound doing everything she could to lose the last 10 and then all of a sudden it started to come off again and she dropped that last 10 in less then 2 months. So stick with it !
  • amo314
    amo314 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is all about motivation; I just can't stick to a calorie deficit. I am thinking about doing a DietBet. I never have before but I was thinking it might help.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck trying to lose my last 10 pounds too. I'll get close (7 pounds away) then here it comes back:(
    Struggle is real!
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I have 10 left to lose and have been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs since Christmas! So, basically I'm maintaining. I thought once it warmed up here and I could start running outside it would start coming off again but it has not. I'm trying to be more diligent about making sure I track EVERYTHING. It's just really hard to get this last 10 off.
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi I agree, those last ones are tough. I started out at 150, dropped the first 30 fairly "fast" (?!?)--3 months. Now I've been plateaued out at 120 for a month. Nice that I didn't gain any, but the same ''tricks" I was using before don't seem to be working. I want to get down another 15.
    Any of you starting to break thru, and if so, is it ok to share on here what is helping you?
    I can relate to it being more difficult with age, also!
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Having the same problem. I lost 3 stone, put one back on, and now struggling to get it back off. I'm doing everything I did last time and it's not happening!! :'(
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    well i did this like a month ago >at that time i stop counting calories / moderate eating + no exercise and ate whatever i want as much as i wanted for 2days consisting of at the most 2800 cals each of them days , and to my surprise on the third day i woke up got on the scale and it showed that i losted 3 lbs i was stuck at 124 for about 5 weeks ,now down to about 119 lbs eversence that now iam just continue my normal deficit days which i eat 1200-1650 cals (that worked for me at that time) just shareing what work for me may not work for you :)
  • Kimmy82109
    Kimmy82109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!!! I've lost 30lbs in about 3.5 months and can't seem to get past it!! These last 10lbs seem impossible to lose :/
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think there is something to your body getting too used to a routine...and then it is good to shake it up a bit and try something a little different. Like, I've heard if you let your body have a few more cals (a couple hundred??) for a couple days, it revs up your metabolism again and then you could drop down to a little lower than where you are now (i.e., the place where "nothing seem to be working"), and start losing again?!?!??
    For jules159, Kimmy82109 and gabylewis22, what do you do for food--like protein/carbs/treats??? Maybe we could somehow help each other find "a new trick". For example, now I am trying to include mostly foods in my diet that are known to be "fat burners" (green tea, grapefruit, blueberries, nuts, lowfat dairy, etc)--they help fire up metabolism.
    I don't know--yeah, it is hard to feel like you are working at it, but be stuck!!!
    @jules159: Hey-you look great from your before and after pics!! Congratulations!
  • my3boys424
    my3boys424 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Once I got to the point where I was 10 away I looked good 'enough'. I had lost 40 pounds and no one but me noticed I had 10 more to lose. I found it easy to take the weekends off or indulge more. It took 2 years of that to finally lose those last 10. It feels great to be at goal and I wish I stayed the course a little better when I got so close. You can do it!!