Net Calories are under but still not losing weight, Need help!

Options

Replies

• martianman68
    martianman68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sodium might be bad I do drink at least 3 diet cokes a day, can calories be inflated while using Heart rate monitor?

I started making sure I was under or close to my sodium intake (that was the hardest thing) after a few weeks of not really losing any weight, and suddenly I dropped a pound or two in a couple of days.

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and you are eating a HIGH amount of fat in your diet. Cut down on fats and you might start to see progress.
  • spainsoccerfreak
    spainsoccerfreak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Crappy logging got it lol Thanks guys for the help, guess I jsut need to eat more at home to be able to know for sure calories.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Crappy logging got it lol Thanks guys for the help, guess I jsut need to eat more at home to be able to know for sure calories.

Also use a the scale :smiley: Home cooking makes it much easier for me. I've even started measuring things that before I would never think of, like black pepper or my Splenda's, but it really helps, 'cus those calories add up fast. Hey, you came to the right forum to get help. I have learned so much from these folks here on MFP, also had a great time doing it as well. :lol:
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Net Calories are under...

You're not burning 1500 calories playing a round of golf using a cart....
  • spainsoccerfreak
    spainsoccerfreak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am using a polar HRM for calories I also do 30 min at driving range before I start golf round and texas is super hot lol, I think the high fat and bad food logging is more what it is it seems, I shall see this weeks result.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am using a polar HRM for calories I also do 30 min at driving range before I start golf round and texas is super hot lol, I think the high fat and bad food logging is more what it is it seems, I shall see this weeks result.

Heat is going to make you sweat more. I don't think it will significantly change the number of calories that you burn.
  • suzeequu
    suzeequu Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you have to really watch the content of the food..not just the calories. I learned this a long time ago. I also bought a scale, you would be surprised at how little 4oz of chicken really is compared to an estimate. I have a fit bit.. custom set to my body weight, etc so my calories burned is pretty accurate I believe, however, to be safe I rarely eat my exercise calories back.
    sometimes calorie burn is very inaccurate. I saw a post that said someone burned 22 cals during 85 mins on an elliptical...aint no way ! good luck.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    You'll lose water weight that you'll regain when you rehydrate. You aren't burning more calories.

• luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to stop eating out every day and start cooking your meals at home. Looking at your diary, what appears to be a healthy meal at Pollo Tropical (not the Whataburger) is almost 900 calories.
    I know not everyone has a lifestyle that allows us to cook at home, but planning ahead will give you more food to eat with fewer calories.
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can see the diary. No offense, but you're eating fast food almost every day. And if not every day, it's something else with loads of sugar or carbs. You may not be eating enough since each day you have 800 calories or so left.
  • briandap1
    briandap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    And research shows that sweating more does not mean you are burning more.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    briandap1 wrote: »
    I can see the diary. No offense, but you're eating fast food almost every day. And if not every day, it's something else with loads of sugar or carbs. You may not be eating enough since each day you have 800 calories or so left.

She has 800 calories left because her calorie burns are vastly inflated. Do you really think 2,000 calories isn't enough for her?

If she was eating at a deficit, she would be losing weight -- even if the food was fast food. The issue here is most likely poor logging combined with over-estimated calorie burns.
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    HRM is not going to accurately measure calories golfing. Not even close.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You would be lucky if your HRM was 50% accurate under the conditions you're using it

Is golf steady state cardio...a clue, it's not..hence the HRM does not equate to calorie burn

You are right your logging is crap

Fix it and you'll do great
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

You're using the HRM incorrectly.

And heat doesn't make you burn more calories for the same activity.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count the golf cart in your exercise, even with the polar watch. I can watch TV for an hour wearing my watch and it's going to say that I burned calories.

Sounds like you know how to fix things. Good luck! :smiley:
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I would definitely invest in a food scale; you can get a decent one online for around $10-$25. Check the accuracy before you start using it, I used a handheld free weight. It looks like your logging is sporadic, at best. You sometimes eat nothing for breakfast or lunch and you eat a lot of fast food. I have not cut out fast food totally, but I make about 90% of my meals at home and I'm very mindful of my carb/protein/fat ratio. I also don't eat back exercise calories (per the advice of my trainer) I think you maybe severely over-estimating your calorie burns therefore consuming much more than you think. Good luck!
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would start weighing everything. example - half an avocado can vary anywhere from 50 to 120 calories so better to just weigh it.. same with all foods really. When I started my weight loss journey I weighed all food and didnt eat my exercise calories back.. clearly you cant maintain this long term, but you might want to err on the side of caution and only eat a fraction of them back to ensure you are still in deficit... one other piece of advice.. give it time! this is a long term lifestyle change, its not a short term fix, so results wont always show week by week, but over time you will succeed if you stay in deficit. good luck