army girl needs to get fit and healthy again!

Options
I need some motivation to get healthy and fit again! So if anyone has advice or some encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it :-)

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things in life that cause us to go into a tail-spin from time to time. Once the spinning slows down just pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start again. Each day is a new day. Each hour is a new hour. You have as many new beginnings as you want. When you feel down just take some deep breaths and know that many people love and believe in you. You are worth it! Make smart choices in food and exercise. Start with one thing and then build on it. Do you start with a healthy breakfast after a good night's sleep? Can you try for either? Can you fit some exercise in a few times a day? Take the stairs, walk an extra block or extra mile? Fit in some stretches or crunches or pushups when you wake up and before bed. You got this. I know you do, just take it one day, one moment, one breath at a time. : )
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    "Army girl" as in you're in the Army? Or as in you're the daughter of someone in the Army? 'Cause as an Army wife, I know that PT test scores are pretty motivating if you're in the service. ;)

Either way, feel free to add me... if you don't mind that I'm mostly just a giant geek and mom who sometimes talks about Army life nonsense.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation to get healthy and fit again! So if anyone has advice or some encouraging words I would greatly appreciate it :-)

you're in the army?

are you on active duty?

is that not enough motivation?
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

you're in the army?

are you on active duty?

I don't get it either. I'm in the Army and what motivates me is being able to keep up with the young Soldiers.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Read the stickies both here and in the "Introduce Yourself" forum! They'll give you a great sense of long term direction which should be very helpful with motivation
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

If you go to success stories read up on the sticky thread by @usmcmp She's a vet, though I admit, I don't know the branch!
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    If you go to success stories read up on the sticky thread by @usmcmp She's a vet, though I admit, I don't know the branch!

Marine Corps
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    More info would be helpful and would get you some specific advice. What are your goals? Are you looking for help to pass the PT test (or get a better score), did you get flagged for being overweight (or just not wanting to be taped), or are you just wanting to get into better shape?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    JustMe2691 wrote: »

Marine Corps

Well, the more you know!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

you're in the army?

are you on active duty?

I don't get it either. I'm in the Army and what motivates me is being able to keep up with the young Soldiers.

Me either...I am ex army for the Canadian Military and they have PT every morning...plus lots of time in the evening to workout (when not deployed or in the field on exercise) but in the US you guys get in trouble...we didn't but I still kept in shape...they paid me to workout so I did.

ETA it was after I left the military and had my son that the weight came and didn't leave...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

@crazyjerseygirl usmcmp stands for United States Marine Corps Military Police ;)

To the original poster: Are you active, reserve or a vet?
  • camilleschuh09
    Options
    I'm in the guard
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I went through ROTC and was in the Army nat'l guard ...and I'm here working on myself too.
  • ritchiehl
    ritchiehl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the Army National Guard and am working on a better me as well. I can pass the tests (APFT/tape) however I know I can do better. Feel free to add me!
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was in the Army and boy did I fall off the wagon when I got out! I was a PT stud when I was in, always scored over 300 on my tests and then I got out and got lazy! Well it doesn't take long for the body to lose all that strength and endurance! But if you're in the service or were, your advantage is that you know you can push yourself harder and further than you think. When I started back up I could barely run a mile but I keep that drill sergeant voice in the back of my head and now I'm up to running 8 miles, my strength is back and I'm working on being fitter than I was in the army! You can do it, and thanks for your service :)