I Need Low Carb Snack Ideas

Options
btmixon
btmixon Posts: 55 Member
So my wife and I have decided we are going to try to significantly lower our carb intake. Can you please share some low carb snack ideas? Thank you!!

Replies

• cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks at work are cut up veggies, greek yogourt, cheese
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Salad
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good one yesterday -- two low-fat turkey dogs and a bunch of raw veggies. It was ~150 calories (closer to 200 for me, but I had some dressing to dip the veggies in), quite filling, and packed a protein wallop.
  • jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Walnuts, pork rinds, 90% dark chocolate, cheese, jerky just to name a few.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    At costco you can buy big trays of pre-cooked chicken strips, meant for salads, etc... but you can just weight out a portion and snack on that. Zero carb and helps you feel full. As well, boiled eggs are always good and can be made in advance. The above commenter mentioned pork rinds, which are very low carb as well, and nice if you want something crunchy like a potato chip.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mousse, made with Philadelphia cheese, double cream, stevia and cocoa powder - that'll 'hit the spot'
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Celery and Bleu Cheese Dressing, Chiorizo and Munester Cheese, almonds, walnuts, cucumber and Tzaziki sauce.
  • mls100771
    mls100771 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2 scoops whey protein powder, 8 oz almond milk, 1 TBSP Hersheys Special Dark Baking Cocoa, ice, blender!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I snack on raw veggies.

Tomatoes, cucumber, beets, carrots, and sugar snap peas are my favourites at the moment. :)