Always hungry

Options
Ok all i have a question...

I was told that if you have hypothyroidism its best to eat 6 small meals a day... I eat breakfast and 2hours or so later I start too feel hungry.. Should I eat a bigger breakfast or keep snacking all day? And has anyone else ever heard about the 6 small meal a day thing? TIA and I am sorry if all these questions were asked before LOL

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Is your hypothyroidism properly treated? If so, from my personal experience, the number and timing of meals doesn't matter.

Buy a food scale, weigh and log everything.

Do cardio if you want, and if you do, only eat back 50% of your calories. Lift weights and hit your protein goal to help maintain muscle mass while losing.

Cheat meals that take you over maintenance will sabotage your efforts. Log the cheat meals too (falls under the 'log everything' rule).

Eat anything you want in moderation, keeping in mind that your diet will be easier to stick with if you chose foods that make it easier to stay under your calories without feeling hungry.

Also it would be a good idea to read some of the stickies at the top of the various forums such as:
    Calorie Counting 101
    Logging Accuracy, Consistency, & You're Probably Eating More Than You Think
    A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path To Sexy Pants
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    First, make sure your medical condition is treated properly.

If it is, then I would recommend eating more protein and fat. They take longer to digest than carbs. If you are a volume eater, bulk up your meals with lots of veggies. :)
  • Yoopermom73
    Yoopermom73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks... Yes i was just diagnosed so we are in the process of getting the meds and numbers correct! I also did just join our local YMCA so i plan on doing cardio and weights.. Thanks! :-)