How do I log a workout video into MFP? Can it be done?

Options
Anyone know how to log a 30 to 40 minute cardio workout video? I've been doing Nicky Holender's Live Strong ReFuel workout video, but don't know how to log it into MFP. Everything in the database are for individual exercises. I don't know where to begin. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks.

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Most workout videos would fall under one of these:

Aerobics, general
    Aerobics, high impact
    Aerobics, low impact
    Calisthenics (I use the "light/moderate" one, as I think it's a really conservative estimate)
    Circuit Training, general (I think this comes out the same as the vigorous calisthenics entry?)

There's also stuff like zumba, tae bo, yoga, pilates, dance, etc if you ever do a video for something like that.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Most workout videos would fall under one of these:

Aerobics, general
    Aerobics, high impact
    Aerobics, low impact
    Calisthenics (I use the "light/moderate" one, as I think it's a really conservative estimate)
    Circuit Training, general (I think this comes out the same as the vigorous calisthenics entry?)

There's also stuff like zumba, tae bo, yoga, pilates, dance, etc if you ever do a video for something like that.

Agree with calisthenics. It's an extremely conservative estimate and probably the only one I really agree you can eat back 100% of the calories.
  • cybrkitn
    cybrkitn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Aren't aerobics and cardio exercises two different types? Or are they similar enough that I can use the aerobics low impact to log it in? You can tell, I'm very new to this.

Btw, thank you for your quick responses :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Calorie burns are estimates. If you want a better estimate for steady state cardio....look into heart rate monitors.

Low impact - 1 foot is on the ground at all times.
    High impact - both feet off the ground at times.

Just pick something for starters. Guage the number given by tracking your weekly loss.