Do you weigh your food? All your food?

Options
Do you weigh your food?

All your food?

I've been doing this and it's remarkable helpful.

I use a scale that looks just like the one below.

Very helpful!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Biggest-Loser-Digital-Food-Scale-6.6-lb.-Capacity/11090896?sourceid=1500000000000003260370&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=11090896

:happy:

Replies

• llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    I weigh all of my food too. Guests always think I'm nuts when they see the scale sitting on the counter :)
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do and I have the same scale, LOVE it!:love:
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes I do, all of it except for wet stuff.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My husband is beginning to think I'm a little insane, and a lot neurotic, cause I weigh EVERYTHING. Um... the other day, I weighed one of our pet parrots -- the other one kept stepping off the scale.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Yep, I pretty much weigh/measure everything. That is unless the serving sizes are in amount rather than weight. I use several tools, an old school kitchen scale (not digital), a measuring cup, tablespoon, teaspoon.
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    Yes, absolutely that is how you get the most accurate calorie intake.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    My husband is beginning to think I'm a little insane, and a lot neurotic, cause I weigh EVERYTHING. Um... the other day, I weighed one of our pet parrots -- the other one kept stepping off the scale.

OMG LMAO!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • slinkypinky
    Options
    Yes! Only until I am really good at judging what weight things are accurately. If it wasn't for my kitchen scales, I would be eating a LOT more calories a day than I should be!
  • vixi76
    vixi76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh all of my food that needs to be. It makes everything so much easier, and a lot less dirty dishes to wash! I have the Biggest Loser scale too, and I LOVE it! I don't weigh things that I know are one serving, but everything else goes on the scale!
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh all my food. My food scale is great because if you turn it off while something is on it and then turn it back on again it begins at zero. So, if I want to make a taco salad I can weigh my lettuce, zero the scale out, weigh my beans, zero the scale out, etc. No measuring cups or spoons...it's awesome!!!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I do not. I prefer to use measuring cups and just eyeball it. I know that's not as accurate, but it works for me.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I MEASURE EVERYTHING
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I just started weighing my foods. It's really helpful. I still use measuring cups for somethings though.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I had no problem losing weight without a food scale, however recently I bought one with my boyfriend. It was surprising to me that it was him who suggested buying. In the end, it's me who uses it most often lol!

What I like most about having a food scale is being able to weigh meat, fruit and pasta. Previously I had no idea what 4 oz of chicken was. When I look back, there were times I would log 4 oz, but it probably was less than that! Another thing that was surprising to me is that I use to think the apples I was eating were medium, but they are really large according to grams!

For me, it's help me eat my calories since I usually overestimate things =P
  • pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I don't weigth everything, no. I weigh out things like meat, and if the portion size is in weight (not cups). I do measure all my food though, unless it is a prepackaged item.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I weigh or measure just about everything that doesn't come pre-portioned, like sliced bread. The one exception I regularly make is the chicken or beef broth I often use to season vegetables. Both broths have less than a calorie per tbsp and I rarely use more than a tbsp or two at a time, so if I'm 100% off on my eyeballed estimation, it's no big deal.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I really want to weigh my food, but when I talked to my husband about buying a scale, he said, "don't you think you're taking this a little too seriously?" I couldn't believe my ears! He's usually so supportive...since when is my health not serious? I just looked at him; I didn't even know what to say. I hope to get one soon =)