I need motivation!!!!!!!

Options
Hello I'm grandmajam1 and I really need you all help, I'm pre-diabetic, high cholesterol so I'm in dire need of help. Help me stay on this journey to be healthy. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Hello, there! I'm glad you're here.
    There is all kinds of information to read up on, and I've been doing really well using the food diary.
    My back pain is going away, I'm off my blood pressure medication, and down right at 50 pounds in 2015.

Haha, I'm guessing by your username that you have grandbabies...hey, that's some great motivation right there! Just think, more years to spend with them. More energy to play. You'll teach them better eating and exercise habits. You'll feel better and be a fun grandmother. It's exciting!

This page and this group is only a tool. It can help you, but just like a hammer can't build unless the carpenter uses it, you're going to have to give it an honest effort. It's tough, but it sure is worth it.

I believe in you.
    Brandon
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Let your motivation be just feeling better. I am 42, prediabetic, "trending towards hypothyroidism", have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and am 100% positive I am currently full of uterine fibroids, which will be checked out by my gyn in 2 weeks. With that said, weight loss has suddenly become nearly impossible. Last year when I began the current workout routine and healthy eating plan I am currently on, I lost 10 lbs and 13 1/2 inches in the first month as well as gained muscle and toned. This time around? Not so much. I've lost 6 lbs and 5 inches. That's a very dramatic difference. A small part of me just wants to give up and say, "what's the point? all this effort and virtually no results? I have only lost 1 inch off my waist and can't even get into my former "fat pants"". What's undeniable though is that despite the betrayal of my body right now, I DO feel better. I feel stronger. My legs no longer throb. My back no longer hurts. My shoulders are squared back instead of hunched and I can stand up straight. My arms have some muscle definition to them. While the changes are not what they "should be", and are virtually unnoticeable to the world around me, the difference in how I feel is what keeps me going and working out hard core day after day. Do it for yourself. Choose one thing you'd really like to see changed (for me it was to be rid of my chronic back and hip pain) and then focus on that goal. My gyn recommends that any woman over the age of 40 focus more on strengthening exercises than cardio. After age 40, you do not get the same weight loss benefits with cardio workouts as you did in earlier years. I began doing Beachbody's PiYO (pilates and yoga combined) because it was the best fit for me considering my back and hip issues. Even though it's not doing as much now because of my medical problems, it provided dramatic results the first time around so I know my gyn was right! Best of luck to you! Add me as a friend if you wish.