Paleo Recipes

Options
annieinnm
annieinnm Posts: 23 Member
I'm pretty new here, so I don't know the rules yet, so if I'm stepping on toes, let me know.

I would like to share Paleo recipes. I have a ton of them, and would like to know what you like (or dislike) about Paleo. Anyone want to join me for this?

Replies

• gbartley2
    gbartley2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love for you to share. I follow a mostly paleo diet and am always looking for new recipes!
  • gbartley2
    gbartley2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I guess I should answer your question about likes and dislikes. I feel much better on a paleo diet and I genuinely like the food. On the minus side though, I have a really busy schedule and it's hard to plan ahead and make everything from scratch. That's why I'm mostly paleo because I can't always make it happen.
  • Rachelgarland715
    Rachelgarland715 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Planning to start Paleo. I will take any recipes you would like to share! I'm not picky :)
  • lkstaples
    lkstaples Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yhes please share! New to paleo so no recipies yet
  • MOMfit4life
    MOMfit4life Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please share! I'm new
  • Julia_Colera
    Julia_Colera Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes mam!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I have been Paleo for almost 4 years. I have recipes and tips galore!!
  • JenniferThompson32
    JenniferThompson32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    has anyone seen weight loss with the Paleo..... thanks
  • rachelleapple
    Options
    Just made a delicious omlette. 2 eggs, handful of kale/spinach mix, 5 grape tomatoes and threw in some ground lean pork. Salt, pepper and dash of onion powder. Loads of protein! Sustainable energy! Just lay those eggs in the pan, add all the other ingredients to the top of the egg. Wait a couple minutes and fold egg in half. I cover so it steams the spinach/kale for a minute of two and then enjoy!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Check out the Clothes Make the Girl. The author's name is Melissa, and she has two amazing books (Well Fed and Well Fed 2). They're both very strict paleo, but the recipes are awesome and good for people who love to eat tasty food. She has tons of recipes on her website, too.
  • Rachelgarland715
    Options
    Has anyone had success with the Paleo diet making them just overall feel better and have more energy?
  • skinnybitch222
    skinnybitch222 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been following the paleo diet for 3 months now and it has helped me so much. Not only have a lost weight and gained more energy, but I was able to get off all medication for my Crohn's disease. Amazing stuff. I'd love to share some recipes and discuss ways to make regular food into a paleo option!
  • Rachelgarland715
    Options
    I have been following the paleo diet for 3 months now and it has helped me so much. Not only have a lost weight and gained more energy, but I was able to get off all medication for my Crohn's disease. Amazing stuff. I'd love to share some recipes and discuss ways to make regular food into a paleo option!

That is awesome! Congrats! I would appreciate any tips/recipes/advice.
  • annieinnm
    Options
    I have been Paleo about 4 years. Lost almost 90 lbs altogether and stopped diabetes and hypertension melds. Best of all, no more PAIN!

For working folks, the secret is planning and cooking ahead.
  • annieinnm
    Options
    My "secret" seasoning, great for fish, chicken, burgers. Save an empty spice jar for this. Mix together one part paprika, one part garlic powder, and two parts sea salt. Store in spice jar.

Sprinkle generously on a whole organic chicken. Now you can roast it in the oven, rotisserie on the grill or pop into a crockpot. Cook until well done. Save the bones to make soup. Serve the first meal with veggies and salad (no potatoes, bread, or grains). Use leftovers in your favorite chicken salad, or in a curry, or use your imagination.

Serve with love.
  • annieinnm
    Options
    Chicken Piccata
    A lovely recipe shared by an artist friend, thank you, Kate

Ingredients
    • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed, patted dry
    • Pepperman* & garlic
    • 4 T unsalted butter
    • ¼ c lemon juice
    • ½ c chicken broth
    • ¼ c dry white wine
    • 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
    • 2 T bacon grease
    Preparation

Place chicken in a gallon Ziploc plastic freezer bag and pound until thin. Sprinkle with Pepperman.

Heat 2 T butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter foams. Add one of the chicken breast halves and cook without moving until browned, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook until firm and browned on both sides, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.

Add 2 T butter to skillet; cook remaining chicken breast half. Transfer to plate and cover to keep warm.

Add lemon juice, broth and wine to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half.

Meanwhile, add bacon grease to a separate pan over high heat. When it melts, add mushrooms and season with Pepperman & garlic. Cook until mushrooms are browned. Add sauce to the pan with the mushrooms and bring back to a boil, again scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to get up all the browned goodies.

Pour sauce & mushrooms over chicken and serve immediately.

*Pepperman is a blend of sea salt and different organic peppers from Frontier Foods, available at most natural food stores. Great stuff!

• annieinnm
    Options
    Katie mentioned two really good cookbooks above (WELL FED and WELL FED 2). They are also very good for step-by-step making meals ahead and planning your week's meals. Highly recommended.
  • Rachelgarland715
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thank you! And congrats on a healthier you :)
  • molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yup, for sure. I follow the anti-candida doet, which is super similar. Lost 12 lbs in the first month without any calorie counting or increased exercise. It was clearly what my body needed.
  • amyjeanne990
    amyjeanne990 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm mostly paleo and always looking for new recipes. Thank you to anyone who shares their recipes or results from paleo!