AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    thanks!
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Which one do you have? I have a SportLine, and I love it. I believe mine is a Sportline SX.
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know, i have one (:
  • mynewself
    mynewself Posts: 22
    Options
    DITTO! did zumba for an hr it said i only burned 72 cal. WHAT!
  • peimomof2
    peimomof2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I know, i have one (:

Mine's a Sportline 915
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    I nearly did, got an ft7 instead, hoping it's accurate, but the figures do seem a lot lower than mfp :(
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Too late, I did then I went out and bought a Polar. Much happier with that one.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to replace it...Here is a link to a Bowflex HRM. Originally $189 now $15.

http://1saleaday.com/
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine has the chest strap with it, and says that I burn between 600 and 700 cals during Zumba. I have had it for about a month, and it has always seemed very accurate.
  • sdickman
    sdickman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to replace it...Here is a link to a Bowflex HRM. Originally $189 now $15.

I considered this, but this one doesn't work with a chest strap. I thought that to be more accurate, one should get one that uses a chest strap?
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I know right!!
    Went spinning & it told me i only burnt 33 cal for 70 mins of spin class.....WTH!!!

I am going to take it back & get a better one
    perhaps a polar...?.....not sure which one to get though.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    DITTO! did zumba for an hr it said i only burned 72 cal. WHAT!

yeah the first day i had it i did 45 min on elliptical avg speed between 4.5 and 5.3. and it said i burned 90.
    so i came home and plugged the average hr which was around 165 into a caculator on line to get cal.

and today on the treadmill after i started sweating every time i wanted to get a reading i had to stop take it off wipe it and my wrist and put it back on.
    and a couple times i heard it beep looked down and it had reading like 96 , 111, when i was not even touching it, heard it beep other times i didnt look, which it should not do (have the readings) which mess up the average.

but it was a cheap one somethign like 30 bucks at walmart. and the watch part is large and easier to read then my last watch so i will keep it. use it to get average heart rates when not to sweaty. and as a watch.
    and save up for one with a chest strap , a good one.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline sx IIRC and it is great. No problems here. For that matter great customer services as well. The elastic fabric part of my chest strap was wearing out and they sent me another one free. What is your specific beef?
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Try getting one of the models with a chest strap, that is the issue not the brand. I have a Sportline 1060 and really like it, runs pretty close to MFP. I just exchanged the 1025 for this one, because it went on sale and is much smaller!!
  • rileysowner
    Options

I considered this, but this one doesn't work with a chest strap. I thought that to be more accurate, one should get one that uses a chest strap?

If is doesn't have a chest strap it is useless for calorie counting whether it gives a calorie number or not.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    i guess the moral of the story is you buy a cheap hrm you get a cheap hrm.
  • rileysowner
    Options

Mine was cheap and it works fine. The moral is get a HRM with a chest strap pure and simple. My sportline works fine and the calorie count seems to match up with what would be expected for the workouts I do.
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i bought the sportline nad didn't like it ,the buttons on the side would get pushed while i was doning pushups or something similar and it would beep for no reason and i didn't like wearing the chest strap ,and when i would sweat i also had to take it off to dry it cause it wouldn't calculate .JUNK .i bought mine at sporting goods store .
  • FairyMiss
    Options

Mine was cheap and it works fine. The moral is get a HRM with a chest strap pure and simple. My sportline works fine and the calorie count seems to match up with what would be expected for the workouts I do.

well actually this was the first time i have had trouble with it taking readings, though the calorie count has always been wack , that didnt bother me though since i found a site that calculates it nicely.
    but having such trouble getting a reading when i wanted one, then to notice it was taking erroneous readings. was a wee bit annoying.