I NEED A GOOD workout DVD!!

Options
Okay so I do have JM ripped in 30 which is pretty good, but I need some other ideas.... im a college student and I have about 10 pounds to lose (stomach pooch) and in my thighs and arms (basically a little bit everywhere). Funding is a little tough although I can come up with money to get something I just want to get something that works. Has anyone done brazzilian buttlift program or any other jillian michaels DVD's? Or anything else? Im not too knowledgable of workout DVD's

Replies

• jaydensmommy2010
    jaydensmommy2010 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Jillian Michaels DVDs and hate them. I bought turbo jam, cost me around 50 dollars on amazon. At first, I couldn't stand turbo jam, because it does take some "choreography." Now that I have done it, I enjoy it a lot better than JM. Also the one I bought has a couple different workouts on 2 discs, and one is Turbo Sculpt which I really like for strength training. It seems to work arms and also legs a lot more than 30 day shred ( at least in my opinion. ) So good luck with what ever you find!!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i recently got Tracy Anderson's mat workout from 2008 ( i like her new program too but it's too spendy for me) and I LOVE IT!! it's about an hour long, kind of a cross between taebo, pilates and light aerbics i guess? It's hard to compartmentalize. It's awesome though. I've done it three times in the last half a week without changing my already healthy diet and have lost half a pound and 1/4 inch off my waist (amazing for me- it's been a slooooowwww process). highly recommended. google it ;o)

oh, and I got it off of ebay for 21 with free shipping instead of the 30 or so at stores.
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA Sculpt and Tone and ZUMBA Cardio Party! Really great, sweaty, fun workouts!
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    I bought turbo fire. It's a little pricey but it is a lot of fun!
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a workout video junky myself, and I have most of Jillian's dvds. If you like her style of teaching, you should get her "Banish Fat Boost Metabolism" video. Its 40 minutes and mostly cardio with some slupting mixed in. You'll definately burn the calories with that one. Currently I'm doing Turbo Fire and its amazing! But its also a little pricey for a college budget...I've never done the Turbo Jam but I'd reccomend it as an alternative.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Turbo Fire, but have also used Turbo Jam, WATP (Leslie Sansone), Jillian Michaels and Tae Bo.
  • PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you like Jillian Michaels, pretty much any one of her DVDs.
  • stefanwolf
    stefanwolf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I liked the Jillian DVD's also, until I tried Some of Bob Harper's. He is amazing!! There is not a single part of my body left untouched, and just the sound of his voice is motivating. I bought his set of 4, and I can't wait to get his new kettle bell ones. He has a real appreciation for total body wellness, and let me tell you my body can tell!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Rev Abs by Brett Hoebel from The Biggest Loser. Sounds like it would be right up your alley. Let me know if you would like more info.
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    I haven't tried any of the JM dvds, but a lot of people here praise em, so I think I'm gonna buy one or two and check em out. One of my fave DVDs is "Joel Harper's Fit Pack." They're pretty easy to follow, and they totally push your limits!!