Best brand of HRM

Options
I am going to purchase one and I dont know anything about them so any information would help. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Polar is a good brand... I have a polar f4 and love it!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    For anybody looking for a HRM. Today only this monitor is down from 189 to 15. Just a heads up. I ordered one but really don't know a lot about it. But for $15... :smile:

Forgot to put the link up! Sorry. Here it is... http://1saleaday.com/
  • kimnaaron4ever
    Options
    For anybody looking for a HRM. Today only this monitor is down from 189 to 15. Just a heads up. I ordered one but really don't know a lot about it. But for $15... :smile:

Where can you get it for that price? I really want to get a HRM!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I edited my post... There is the link! :)
  • smartin0619
    smartin0619 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have the Garmin Forerunner 305. It is chunky/big but it tracks everything from your heart rate, calories, miles, gps, avg speed (runner or cyclist). you can upload your history onto your computer so you can see all your workouts and see trends. It has come down in price but due to all the features adn functions it is a little spendy. I saw them on amazon now for $120ish.
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am going to purchase one and I dont know anything about them so any information would help. Thanks in advance!

I have the Polar FT7, love it!
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    Options
    Polar F4 or F6 ... Simple, User friendly, and not too expensive. I've used one daily for the past 2 years. Love it so much I purchase additional ones for family members. Shop around they frequently go on sale for a good price. I do highly recommend one with a chest trap.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Don't buy a strapless HRM!!!! They aren't accurate... Polar is a great brand!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    stay away from sportline i am not thrilled with mine , it was pretty cheap, and hardly worth the 30 i paid
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and I love it.
  • QUETA2212
    QUETA2212 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    okay so the polar brand seems to be winning right now, although the Bowflex strapless is tempting it doesnt sound accurate if its strpless
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    think i am going to start saving and looking at polar with chest strap
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    okay so i have just gotten mighty confused! lol so many different types i have no idea what i am looking for! lol
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I didn't know anything about HRM's either, but I just went onto Amazon.com last night and read reviews on several different models. You should do the same! I'm liking the Polar FT7 w/ chest strap.
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    they are ultra expensive!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    they are ultra expensive!

They are expensive but a good investment. I bought mine for $100 (Polar FT7) but I know someone who found one on craigslist for $50, same model and all. I liken it to buying good running shoes, a necessary expense for getting fit.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Don't buy a strapless HRM!!!! They aren't accurate... Polar is a great brand!

How inaccurate?

I'm going to be taking 3PE classes this summer to finish off my degree, I'm going to be in the gym from 9:30-2:20 4 days a week, I really don't want to have to wear a chest strap like a dork for 5 hours....
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    I am going to have to go shopping for a HRM physically b/c this shopping online just confuses me
  • QUETA2212
    Options
    okay so i was not willing to spend a hundred bux on a hrm......I am not that active and i dont beleieve it would benefit so i decided to just buy one from walmart and so far so good i like it its sportline, so i hope i get the best out of it!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Are chest straps sold separately, or is this one of those things where if it's not sold with a strap then it's technically a strapless and therefore garbage? :-/