Which workout DVD is BEST??

Options
Okay so I do have JM ripped in 30 which is pretty good, but I need some other ideas.... im a college student and I have about 10 pounds to lose (stomach pooch) and in my thighs and arms (basically a little bit everywhere). Funding is a little tough although I can come up with money to get something I just want to get something that works. Has anyone done brazzilian buttlift program or any other jillian michaels DVD's? Or anything else? Im not too knowledgable of workout DVD's

Replies

• KatsyKay
    KatsyKay Posts: 2
    Options
    I have done tons and so far my fave DVD workouts are P90X and Zumba. They work great!!!
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you don't have the money to spend (or even if you did) JM ripped in 30 has gotta be pretty good. I'm doing her 30 day shred and LOVE it! I'm not too keen on repetition, but she's kickin my *kitten* every day and it doesnt bother me as much as some of the others...

Anyway, if you already have it, why not try it out? You'll definitly lose those 10lbs if you stick to it and eat right!
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you have the $$, I agree with P90X and Zumba.

Or you could even just rent the JM videos through Netflix, and maybe your library. Shred is awesome, but only 20 minutes, so only 200-300 calories. Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism burns more calories since it's almost an hour long. Couple it with No More Trouble Zones for a cardio and strength plan.
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme right now and it is awesome. I'm not strong enough to do P90X yet, so I started with Chalean Extreme.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say p90x.

Find a friend and "borrow" it.
    Someone online might have one you can "borrow".
    ***nothing illegal :)
  • bigalfantasy2004
    bigalfantasy2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'll have to agree P90X is the best one I've used so far.

You might be able to get a used copy from ebay for fairly cheaply.
  • carroyo32
    carroyo32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    P90x is the way to go. If you don't feel strong enough for that one yet, too many pull ups, and they are long workouts, at least an hour. Not only helps you reach your goals, but mentally is so awesome. Because its so challenging, you can't help it but become stronger not only physically.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    For a 25 min workout - 30 Day Shred (JM)
    For a 55 min workout - No More Trouble Zones (also JM)

I love NMTZ because there are a lot of strength moves, and it's longer than the Shred. If you did it a few times a week, I'm sure it would get you where you wanna be. When I did it, I was lying flat out on my mat at one point, and that was AFTER I had finished the Shred, and been strengthening for a while! It was intense.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I am doing Chalean Extreme right now and it is awesome. I'm not strong enough to do P90X yet, so I started with Chalean Extreme.
    I would recommend this to you too, since it looks AMAZING, but it's a bit of a money investment.
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    I tried billy blanks bootcamp and it's really good :-)
  • io278983
    io278983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of Turbo Jam workouts from Chalene Johnson and I LOVE them! They are kind of expensive on the Beachbody website but you can order them from Amazon or eBay for pretty cheap. I do those videos for cardio and just started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred which I got from Netflix. They have a TON of workout DVDs that you can try before you buy them. You might want to look there first!