Macros

Options
lolzoe96
lolzoe96 Posts: 13 Member
hello I am an 18Yo female weight at around 114lbs, for now I have estimated my calorie intake p/d at around 2350, this is enough to build muscle, but I was wondering how many grams of carbs/protein/fat would be suitable? Right now I have carbs at 45%, protein 30% and fat at 25%? What should i change if I want to build muscle ?

Replies

• Jessica_Pippen
    Jessica_Pippen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Different macros work for different people. Play around with the numbers you have now, also try 40/30/30 (c/p/f) and 50/25/25 (c/p/f) and see how it works for you. Some people need more carbs to bulk and add muscle, some people dont.
  • lolzoe96
    lolzoe96 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thankyou!! Jessica
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to build muscle, you will need to be in a surplus. The gaining weight section has a helpful sticky from @MrM27 . There are no magic macro ratios to build muscle. protein .6g-8g/lbs, fat .3-.4g/lbs - fill in the rest with carbs.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple .. 1g per pound of lean body mass .5 g of fat per pound of body weight then the rest fill it up with carbs. if you're 114 you Don't need 200 g of protein on them 40% 40% 20% ..