do you cheat when you log your diets

Options
I dont...but yes i did get that thought more than once..and then days when i eat a lot more i am afraid to log.. luckily when i do log its been under the goal.. do share your stories..do u cheat when you log ?

Replies

• Bekzie82
    Bekzie82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat on my diary because I think of it more as a tool for me to use, to keep track of my Cals and it's great to see how many Cals you burn on the exercise section. If I don't meet my goal is still log it :)
  • vikygarcia
    vikygarcia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No. No one sees it but me so I'd be cheating myself. I may go over every now and then but ... ni modo.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put in my mouth - even if I'm waaaay over my goal. Otherwise I wouldn't know the reason I'm experiencing a gain/loss/plateau. Yes, sometimes I feel bad about it, but usually I enjoy those days I go over so I don't feel that guilty.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yeah no. I'd only be "cheating" myself. Not logging what I actually eat doesn't make the food not exist or count.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I log accurately 95% of the time. Now if I end up going to someones house for dinner and have no clue how to log it I willrarely just skip a day og logging but I dont like to. Were only fooling ourselves afterall
  • vjessup
    vjessup Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat because the only person that would be deceived is ME. Sometimes I don't like to see (in writing) what I put in my body that day, but I just deal with it and move forward. Being honest allows me to look back and know FOR SURE where my slip ups were. If I had been dishonest on my logs than I would only be guessing.
  • yayasommers
    yayasommers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This was my quote today "your body keeps an accurate journal of what you eat, regardless of what you write down"
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    There's really no reason not to log something unless it's inconsequential, like calories in diet soda or black coffee (which is why the companies don't even have to report them). I started using MFP to help me learn about myself and my habits, and it can't do that unless I log correctly.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You're only cheating yourself if you do.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I started off cheating. Then deliberately picking the lowest calorie entry. Eventually I realised that I won't get anywhere if i lie to myself. So then I started logging everything I ate. I Have bad days where I eat too much crap but i log it anyway now.
    I've gotten waaaaayyyyy better results from weighing my foods though
  • brandylynn1125
    brandylynn1125 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah just like everyone else said if u cheat your only cheating yourself..so suck it up and do your logs the right way!! Lol..good luck to ya!!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Those red numbers definitely help me stay on track. When I see that happen, I think, OH CRAP - I gotta watch that - and if I do it two or three days in a row....I shake my head and never wonder why I feel 'bloated' or heavier. It is usually an overabundance of something I should not be eating regularly anyway. :#
  • Taraparker1013
    Taraparker1013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to log stuff before I eat in case I want to change what I am eating. I just worry that what I am logging is not 100% comparable with what the app is listing. Idk...
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just because you didn't log it, doesn't mean you didn't eat it
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    No, because then I wouldn't be able to use it to repeat things I did right our avoid the things I wrong.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Great replies and stories..keep posting.. not one said they cheat.. is it complete truth..or is it that people who cheat aint posting reply here ;) he he. Like one said "do we choose the lowest calorie entry" if we are coming close to calorie goal ? honestly i have done that once in a while...but thats also out of confusion..and being in safer i take the lower one... saying...nah it cant be that much
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No, never but I admit to inflating my calorie goal so I don't see the dreaded red number. I try to eat in the 1300s but my official calorie limit is 1500 per day.

I log everything I eat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    What would be the purpose? If you lied about the calories, it doesn't make them disappear. Part of the reason people fail at weight loss is because they AREN'T honest with themselves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    If I was going to spend the time measuring and weighing and logging I sure as heck would be as accurate as possible. What would be the point in cheating? Seems like the only person that would care would be me.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I like the positive attitude of people here and "The only person i will be cheating is Me" thing i believe is surely working. Be honest as much as you can...after all being accountable helps.. and when we have taken one step towards a healthy lifestyle..lets help ourselves reach there. being honest to yourself is surely the first step and facing your fear is another one ahead.