I have no interest in eating.

Options
I'm not a skinny girl but ever since 10th grade I've found my liking for food plummeting and my weight starting to do the same. I don't know if it's normal or if something is wrong.. I don't take in more then 800 calories a day and feel gross if I take in more the 400 cals, working out in some way is a must everyday. It's like I'm chained to the scale, too. Do you think something might be wrong or is this okay?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    and feel gross if I take in more the 400 cals

I think that you should talk to a professional about these kinds of feelings. That can definitely be a red flag for disordered eating of some kind.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    It is not okay, and having feelings of being gross when eating over a certain amount of calories is a mental game that, as @diannethegeek said, can be a red flag for an eating disorder. It would be best to find a professional to talk to about your feelings about calorie consumption.
  • vilepixie
    vilepixie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As someone who suffered with an eating disorder throughout my mid to late teens, this is NOT okay. I felt exactly the same way - chained to the scale, i needed to work out like crazy every day (especially after eating) if my calories for that day went over 1000, I would feel so gross. I would find a medical professional who can help you ASAP, because if you are not careful, it will wreck your metabolism, not to mention your physical and mental health.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, something is wrong, and you should speak with a professional
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    OP, please get some help.
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Feeling chained to the scale, and feeling bad about eating more than 400 calories a day (and feeling like you need to work out if you eat more than that) sounds like disordered eating. Please speak to a professional and get help.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP,

I am locking this post as we do not allow post promoting unhealthy eating habits. I do hope you get some help and for that, below is a good resource to start with:

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1575987-eating-disorder-resources

If you have any questions, please let me know.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.