Loosing the College Weight Without Missing out on the Fun

Options
Hello everyone! I am about to finish my freshman year of college and as a trainer at my campus rec, one of the questions I am asked all the time is how people can loose weight and still have fun going out and partying? Anyone have any great stories or tips?

Replies

• hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I was never one to go out partying at uni so can't answer from personal experience, but as hsmith0930 said, they can work it in. Have a slightly higher deficit on the days when they don't go out, work out more to make up for the extra calories, that sort of thing. As long as they're not going out everyday it should be fine!

Also, lose* :P
  • anotherwarriorgirl
    anotherwarriorgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Take advantage of the university gym! :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I was never one to go out partying at uni so can't answer from personal experience, but as hsmith0930 said, they can work it in. Have a slightly higher deficit on the days when they don't go out, work out more to make up for the extra calories, that sort of thing. As long as they're not going out everyday it should be fine!

Also, lose* :P

All of this. I'm an extremely socially-active-mom-of-suburbia and during the week when nothing is going on I put my deficit 100 or 200 calories less than what I'm use to. Then on the weekends I go over just a bit (okay sometimes a lot) during social events and I'm still loosing.

My favorite new compliment I get now is, "You can eat that and look like that?!" I use to tell people it was because I was counting calories but for some reason people would start arguing with me about how it doesn't work and how bad it is for me... So annoying....
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    []
    All of this. I'm an extremely socially-active-mom-of-suburbia and during the week when nothing is going on I put my deficit 100 or 200 calories less than what I'm use to. Then on the weekends I go over just a bit (okay sometimes a lot) during social events and I'm still loosing.

I've got to remember to do this! When we are social on the weekends I kill a whole week of eating well with extra glasses of wine & hors de'vours!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am about to finish my freshman year of college and as a trainer at my campus rec, one of the questions I am asked all the time is how people can loose weight and still have fun going out and partying? Anyone have any great stories or tips?

You can be honest with them and say if they want to go out partying they will have to save calories for it.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    How about, "You're here to study and learn, not to get drunk all the time"?

I never understood why apparently getting drunk was a) acceptable behaviour at university and b) apparently a requirement of some kind.