Does anyone else Kettlebell Swing?

Options
Was thinking of incorporating the Kettlebell Swing into my workouts. Does it have good benefits?

Thanks All
Kel

Replies

• mike_bold
    mike_bold Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    yes! Swing heavy and swing often :)
  • Kettlebelling
    Kettlebelling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell Swing is an amazing exercise. Just be careful with your form so that you will not harm yourself.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Yes, when it is programmed into my crossfit workouts. A good kettle bell swing (good form that is) will work your entire posterior chain (hamstrings, glutes, back) and abs and core stabilizers. Not to mention the metabolic push.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love that workout (and I normally loathe weight lifting *hides from flames*) I love that it engages the core and legs and butt *and* it is fun!

Like they said, form is essential with KBs.
    I made the mistake of starting with a workout in which the instructor had really poor form and it hurt my back. Nothing serious, thankfully. But made me realize that form is crucial.
    I really like Lauren Brooks and Zuzka Light for kettlebell workouts. Lauren Brooks also has great books with detailed pictures, written breakdowns of the movements etc..
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    How do you log it in? I started a post earlier asking that question, but haven't gotten an answer. Thanks.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I log it with the count from my HR monitor. Which I know isn't the most accurate for this type of workout -- the Zuzka Light workouts are non-stop so it keeps my heart rate up throughout. And I log it under "cardio" and put down the calories from the HR monitor
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I log it under cardio as "strength training".
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    gkauf744 wrote: »
    I log it under cardio as "strength training".

Perfect! Thank you!