what time of day do you exercise, and why?

Options
i exercise after 9pm, before my body can realize its too tired to fight it! Funny, but true!!!!

Replies

• h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I do a 20-25 minute interval workout in the morning right when I get up at 7am. Same logic as you, my body is hit by exercise before it knows what happened.

I also do a 40 minute steady state cardio in the evenings at about 8 or 8:30. That one is a lot harder to get motivated for. I figure some day I will drop to one workout a day, and drop the evening one.
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    well my logic is that i am up early, but not a morning person, to run my business. i work with kids, and get mine to school and "home", then dinner and time with my kids, homework, sports, then get them to bed. then is clean up, and off to the gym for a 2-3 hour workout.....if i dont think about it ( and im training for a triathalon) then by the time im there im too tired to fight it...lol but thats just me...plus i dont sleep...2-3 hours most nights....
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hooray another night person! I work out at about 8:00 at night...everything is done, kid's in bed, fiance is content watching tv or on the computer...so I can take off and head to the gym. I can't imagine getting my *kitten* handed to me at the gym, and then having to go work for 8 hours and function after work. My post-gym routine is get home, make protein shake, sit on my butt until it stops twitching, shower and go to bed...there is no functioning the minute I get home.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    .plus i dont sleep...2-3 hours most nights....

Well, that might explain why you're not a morning person!

I don't like mornings either, but fortunately my wife handles the kids in the mornings, so I can do this. 2-3 hour workout? Good lord that's a long time! Giving up 60 minutes of my time each day is hard enough, i can't imagine more.
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    I try to make myself go on the exercise bike 1st thing in the morning, but so far only manage 15minutes, then I alternate between the Wii fit - Jogging and Step Aerobics and Jillian Michaels 30DS - although once this is finished I will go back to either Just Dance 2 or try Zumba.

I only work part time, 2-3 times a week for a few hours and am up and down a bit then some days sat all day, but i count my steps and log them also (with a counter attached to my waist band).
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We start at 5am, it's the best time that my husband and I can workout together with no interruptions from the kids and no excuses.
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    oops, was meant to say, exercise bike 1st thing in morning, Wii and DVD around 4pm - after ive picked up son from school.
  • michelleisgettinfit
    Options
    The only time I have available is when I work out... at 5:30 or 6 a.m. before my kids are up and moving. Plus, I like that it starts my day out on the right foot. :)
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. Usually in the afternoon around 4 or so. I try to do my strength training first, then do my cardio workout. I will eat my dinner then I will do more strength training.
    If I work at night I won't exercise in the afternoon, after i get off work my coworker and I will walk around our dept. store (5 times around is half a mile.) Then when I go home I will do my everyday work out of cardio and strength training.
  • prettypain
    prettypain Posts: 90
    Options
    the 2-3 hours of sleep a night has been with me as long as i can remember,,from the time i was a teen and got my first "real" job delivering newspapers (210) of them i have just never been a sleeper.... my mind doesnt wanna shut down. i keep veery busy with my business, kids, house, kids sports, lifeguarding, and training for the triathalon i just dont relax, im not capable of it...lol i am open to friend requests if you are seriously interested in getting or giving support and encouragement