what tasty diet foods can u suggest for me?

Options
I have never dieted before and need some tasty low calorie food suggestions please:)

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are to DIE for! I'm addicted to them!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of all food. I'd prefer to see you eat as you always have, only in smaller portions. Have you been logging long? Really watch your fats they can add up quickly.
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    sunshinesmiles1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well thanks my problem was I was eating way to many carbs and sugars and not much of anything else. So I'm trying to eat healthier now. Thanks for the advice:)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Just eat more protein and fats.... Doesn't mean you can't eat foods you like. "low calorie" does not mean healthy, and healthy doesn't mean low calorie.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    luna bars are diet food right? i dont know but they are good
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You must find PB2!
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    Options
    I will try them thanks:)
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    Options
    What's Pb2? Lol

• bkolegraff
    bkolegraff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chilled Swiss Oatmeal for breakfast (and snack)!!! Oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit!! Easy to make.
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    Options
    :) thanks I will try it
  • blondeinnj
    blondeinnj Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Skinny pop popcorn love it, great snack.
    Love pure protein bars for a snack or meal replacement. I live on grill chicken. Throw it salads, wraps...
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    Options
    Thanks those all sound good to me:)
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    >Spaghetti squash, great way to get more veggies in your diet and you can have tons of it for low calorie in replacement of regular spaghetti noodles.
    >Quest bars are yummy, high protein bars that are good if you're craving sweetness.
    >Most other fruits and vegetables. Find ways to switch up other snacks you might normally eat with carrots/hummus, pretzels/cheese, fruit/peanut butter. (And I agree with the Pb2 comment. It's much lower in calories than regular peanut butter at only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons.)
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    One of my fav treats is this "cookie"....Mash two VERY ripe bananas (think almost black), mix in 1 cup quick oats & 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips. Place by the tablespoon on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake on 350 for about 12-15 minutes. Two "cookies" are about 90 calories. They are best right out of the oven, but I also freeze them and just pop 2 in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds when I need a sweet treat.
  • jaxxrocks
    jaxxrocks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    VitaTops - only 100 calories & they have a bunch of different flavors
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Why are most of these suggestions carb based when the OP has said she eats too many carbs?

Protein is important, as is fat. Limiting fat because it is calorie dense isn't a good idea, it's so necessary for health!
  • sunshinesmiles1978
    Options
    Is beef jerky a good way to get your protein in?
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Why are most of these suggestions carb based when the OP has said she eats too many carbs?

Protein is important, as is fat. Limiting fat because it is calorie dense isn't a good idea, it's so necessary for health!

Because in her original post she asked for tasty low calorie suggestions....

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Lean meat, veggies, fruit, dairy, whole grain. Eat whatever you like. Just stay within your calorie limit. I eat all my favorite main dishes, just less of them. I fill in the rest of my plate with veggies, often steamed or roasted.
  • brisloth
    brisloth Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Get a spiral cutter and make zucchini noodles! My favorite is the zoodles with one or two wedges of laughing cow light swiss and some mushrooms all warmed up together. Super filling and incredibly low calorie.