Wanting to connect with VSGers out there!

Options
I am almost 4 months post op and feeling great! MFP looks like it's an excellent tool to help me on my journey. How is it working for you? Any tips or advice for a newbie? What has your journey been like since being sleeved? Thanks!

Replies

• bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'll be 2 months post op on the 18th and I am also feeling great! My weight loss is not as fast as others. I have lost 32 lbs so far which is small compared to others. I find that this is truly a tool that I have to work. I MUST work out and I am aiming to keep my calories under 900. I do feel the best I have in years! I don't regret the surgery at all.
  • OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    32# lost is great! Congrats to you! I am not sure how much I have lost in total because I don't own a scale and my next weigh in at my surgeon's is at the end of April. I sure can tell that I lost in inches--my clothes tell the tale :-) I do need to exercise...it's on my to do list...but having MFP app is working out really well for me because I can actually see what I am consuming in calories. I am at about800-900 calories a day. I get full fast and then I am satisfied. I hope I don't jinx myself, but my sweet tooth is pretty much non existent KNOCK ON WOOD! I focus on protein first but have had very little veggies because I get full fast. This surgery has been a blessing for me--just couldn't do it on my own...I lacked the discipline. I have a lot to lose, but feel confident that I can do it!

How was your recovery? Looking back now, mine was uncomplicated. I had shoulder discomfort--from the gas, but that's all I remember. I had time off from work, rested a lot and sipped a lot. I do find still that it is hard to get in 64 oz of water a day. Do you? I used to drink a LOT of water now it doesn't appeal to me so I am using crystal light and it's working out so much better for me. Protein shakes give me the shivers lol--not liking them because I drank so many.

My goal is to get to a healthy BMI, be able to buy a dress off the rack, and take my grandkids to Disney and keep up with them :-) I am trying not to be a slave to the scale or have a number determine how happy I will be that day. Other people weigh themselves everyday and that works for them. I prefer not to.
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There is a special forum onMyFitness for Bariatric people. Click on search icon and type in gastric bypass. It's a very helpful forum. Had my surgery January 26, 2015. Down 56 pounds
  • DANIELLE0815
    DANIELLE0815 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I go for the sleeve on May 14 glad to have found this group!
  • OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I go for the sleeve on May 14 glad to have found this group!
    I am too! You can find out a lot of information on here! VSG has changed me for the better--I am on the road to not only better health, but new shoes and clothes, too! One can never have too many shoes ;-)

• xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey, I will be having VSG bariatric surgery in less than a week, I am currently on the required liquid diet prior to surgery, I would love to have friends on here that are bariatric patients so that we can be of support to one another. Feel free to add me, thanks =]]
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Best group on here for Sleevers is VSGers. Very active with lots of information and support.