Staying motivated past 10 pounds!

Options
How do you all stay motivated to keep going? I always lose 5-10 pounds then think, gee I can go pig out now. And then I have to start all over. Vicious cycle. How do you stay motivated to keep going even despite weeks where you lose nothing or very little?

Replies

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on NSV (non scale victories) that have nothing to do with weight loss. For example, inches lost over time, the way my clothes fit, keeping a journal to see what I have accomplished, and improved fitness. I am working on running a mile without stopping and I was able to go for almost ten minutes today before I stopped for a two minute break. I am a slow runner (people could pass me by walking), but it is one of my goals and I am making progress towards it!

If I log consistently and keep working on my fitness goals, the weight is going to come off! Also, I try not to compare my weight loss journey with anyone else's. When I compare my progress to someone else's I always felt like I am not doing enough, and I realized that I had to do what is "enough" for me. I may not lose weight as fast as others, but I am happy with my progress.

Good luck!
  • ashfaul2185
    ashfaul2185 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great advice! Thanks so much!
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The mind is the criminal here. We always tell ourselves, "Maybe if I had enough willpower I could better." Or something along those lines. I too, among, just about anyone else who has struggled with weight has had this same problem. I recently started doing IdealShape shakes - now, I am not saying go buy their shakes... I was really caught off guard by their other products: their book "Think" by David Meine and also including hypnotherapy to start changing your mind.
    I mean, I'm positive this isn't everyone's cup of tea but so far it's doing really well for me almost a month later (usually I quit after a week to two weeks) and for someone who has been BIG since she was younger.
    So, I'd recommend if anything - work on your noggin'. Good luck! Feel free to add me. Also, seriously, I promise I am selling nothing. Lol.