Fitbit Charge HR

Options
i have really been wanting to get an activity tracker and am leaning toward the Fitbit Charge HR. I like that it is worn on your wrist and takes your heart rate. Any reviews? Any tips on how to get a great deal on one?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I love mine. It took me ages to get one, I kept wondering whether it would really help or make a difference. But i wear it ALL the time, unless it is charging, and it encourages me to walk more, makes my workout tracking more accurate and its calculations of my daily calories tends to match really closely with the TDEE calculators I've tried.

Good deals, I would just google it, find the best online price and get your local electronics place (Best Buy or the like) to price match.
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for around a month and a half. I love it. It has made me move more (from 3k/day to 12k/day) and it makes it like a game for me. I am also able to track my beginning avg heartrate to now-big improvement. Oh, and I love that it tells me who is ringing my cell phone. Now, if it only did texts...
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    ^^ Oh yeah, the thing where it vibrates when my phone rings is actually a huge plus! I don't miss so many calls anymore!
  • ashfaul2185
    ashfaul2185 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • OhioGuy37
    OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have one also, I do like it a lot. Jawbone has one that just launched in the last day or so and it may be as good if not better. However, if you didn't pre order they say you might not see one until June
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like mine, although the floor counting is an absolute joke. The old school ones did so well at that. This one? I shut it off it was so bad.

Other than that, I like the stop watch, steps, etc. I got the new HTC M9 and it doesn't work with that phone, as far as call notifications goes anyway. Hopefully that will be taken care of soon.
  • cleigh017
    cleigh017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Use your kohls 30% off coupon and kohls cash if you have any. They are usually on a rack around the checkout counters.
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Got mine a month or so ago, it's great for running &steps, very accurate. But for HIIT workouts its not ideal -because of the irregular and impacting movement it keeps losing my heart rate so the calories for the exercise come out way lower. But at least that's better than higher!

Someone I know goes swimming with his, and loves it
  • RedRockChic
    RedRockChic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just for those purchasing thru Kohls, you can only use the Kohls cash, you cannot combine any coupon discounts with it. Fine print on the coupons, certain electronic products are exempt from using coupons. But I won't lie, I used my 30 Kohls Cash on it... definately the cheapest in town for the HR.

And I love mine.