I actually want to this time

Options
Hey everyone! I'm not new to weight loss, or at least trying, but I'm new to actually wanting to lose weight. For years I felt incredibly uncomfortable with myself in ways that I didn't understand, and when people told me it was because I was fat, I couldn't agree. I instead struggled with my body in secret, turning to self destructive behaviors, over eating being one of them, and kept getting larger and larger. A few suicide attempts here and there brought me to the realization of what I felt was wrong with me all along, I didn't feel like a woman, I am a man. I had the feelings since the beginning of puberty but couldn't see an options for myself other than suicide.
This brings me to now; over a year of going through the medical gate keeping to finally bring my soul and body into alignment. I can finally see a future and something to look forward to instead of just wishing I had never been born at all.
So that's the life story made quick and dirty, here's the basics. I'm a transgender man, 22, and Canadian. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I'm about to start hormonal replacement therapy in the next few weeks. I have a lot of poor eating habits that need breaking and I'm on limited income so buying good food can be a challenge. I also have hypothyroid that I'm back on medication for after a few years of not caring to be on it. I could really use some support to help lose weight as going it alone blows.
Height: 5'4.5 HW: 346 CW: 346 UGW: 180

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    If you are serious about getting healthy please add me as your friend. I will be suportive and cheer you on.

Cindy

Where In Canada are you?
  • BadgerFaced
    BadgerFaced Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am pretty serious, but if you look at my food intake it's going to probably be a bit on the unhealthy side for a bit as I slowly make some changes for my health. Oh habits, if only they were easier to break than to make.
    I'm from Nova Scotia. :)
  • CowboyTweeks1102
    CowboyTweeks1102 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Transman here 6 months on t. Swinging back and forth with weight and ready to build and be supported and supportive!