Carbohydrates

Options
I am at the weight I want to be at my legs look great and so do my arms. However I still have that stubborn stomach fat. Most of the calories I eat is carbohydrates and protein. I eat the recommended calories daily. Is the carbohydrates causing my stomach fat if I eat too many of my daily calories from them? What helelped you loose the last bit of your stomach fat?

Replies

• nancyjay__
    nancyjay__ Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    No no no no no. I don't know what you mean by you're stomach is fat. But if you mean you're stomach is big and squishy then you might need a bigger deficit or some exercise.
  • kaykaymichellee
    kaykaymichellee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a 30 inch stomach at widest point it's mostly my lower stomach.
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    The way your macros are set up has nothing to do with weight loss. It has to do with health and fitness which are different
  • kaykaymichellee
    Options
    So its because I do not exercise?
  • nancyjay__
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have a 30 inch stomach at widest point it's mostly my lower stomach.

Unfortunately the body won't lose body fat uniformly and it doesn't matter if you're at your scales magic number the fat will fall off how it wants and in your body it seems that the stomach fat is the last to go. You just have to create a deficit if you haven't and do some excersise
  • kaykaymichellee
    Options
    I eat the recommended calorie count. Around 1400-1500
  • nancyjay__
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How tall and how much do you weigh. Excersising will help build muscle and tighten your stomach and core muscles.
    So its because I do not exercise?
    that depends on your body type. I've seen bigger people people with flat flat tummies and skinny girls with the love handles and pouch.
  • kaykaymichellee
    Options
    I'm 5 4 and weigh roughly 105.
  • kaykaymichellee
    Options
    I need to build muscle but am too lazy too to be honest
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    I'm 5 4 and weigh roughly 105.
    I'm 5'3" 137lbs and my stomach is flat. I do have tiny love handles that prob only I can see and a lot of leg fat. But that's a perfect example no two bodies are alike.
    I think that you shouldn't lose anymore weight but I def think you will find great results in the weightroom. Not cardio
  • nancyjay__
    Options
    You're past weight loss. Just like there is no cutting corners to losing weight there is no cutting corners to getting tight and toned. If you want it start eating the recommended macros and working out
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options

Well end of thread then. You have a bmi of 18 if anything you probably could do with putting some weight on. If though you can't be bothered to do the work to get the look you want not much out people can advise
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How many grams of fat do you eat per day? You could try playing with your macros to see if it made any difference

I personally wouldn't put much attention to the scale - it's more important of consider ebony composition and whether you are comfortable with your body as it is. If not, do what you need to do to change that... If you aren't prepared to put in the work to change it, learn to appreciate what you have
  • musicsunlight
    musicsunlight Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    105 is really small, you may have IBS it causes the stomach to bloat. Avoid caffeine if you can and drink peppermin tea, it helps with IBS
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

We all have choices to make and a personal balance to find.
    Lazy with a bit of stomach fat despite being at a low weight is a choice.

Putting in the effort to exercise and build muscle is also a choice of course.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What helelped you loose the last bit of your stomach fat?

A very focused and intentional meal plan along with consistent weight training with consistent cardio sessions.

• kaykaymichellee
    Options
    Yes I agree I'm not trying to loose weight, rather just get toned and get rid of my fat on my stomach
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You have your answer. No more dieting and a concerted effort at the gym. Fun! You will learn new things.