Sodium intake

Options
Boo to sodium! Lots of it makes me bloated and extremely uncomfrotable so if I'm consuming 1200 calories a day how much sodium should I actually have? Always been confused by this. I don't want to be bloated no more no more no more!! Help! Thanks!!

Replies

• ravenlunatic76
    ravenlunatic76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have you added this to your diary yet? It should tell you.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    There is way to much sodium added to today's food. Keep track of the sodium levels when you count your calories. I was very surprised by the amount I was eating when i did this. One thing that helps is potassium. I use No Salt and never add salt to anything I eat anymore. Remember processed foods always have too much sodium. If you eat out alot or eat alot of processed foods, you are getting way to much sodium. I am conscious of this fact and am still getting way to much sodium. But the No Salt helps alot for me.
  • mayree1979
    mayree1979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my calorie goal is 1309 and my dairy tells me 2,300 for sodium...Not always easy. I also switched to nu-salt and that helps some. I find when I stay away from processed foods and do my own cooking the sodium is not a issue.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Mine say 2500 I just found that to be high. I don't use salt on anything I alctually cook a lot and never use salt. For some reason I feel like my sodium is high.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replys!! :o)