NEED SUPPORT: Wanting to lose 50lbs by March 2016

Options
Hey everyone!!
I just started on a new diet plan and I am looking for more inspiration and support and of course more people to stay accountable to! My goal is to lose 50lbs by next March!
My boyfriend and I are new health coaches and he has been helping me develop a plan for success. Currently I am on a low calorie diet and drink 2 shake meal supplements along with typically 2 small meals and healthy snacks.
I do my best to keep everything I eat updated in my diary here so I don't cheat but I'm looking for more people to be present on either Facebook or even here (if you're near Phoenix) during the fitcamp I go to Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. We also just started to do our own personal workouts at home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
So far I've only dropped 6lbs and about a pant size which I am ecstatic about but it's already been about 2 months and I thinking just need more positive, uplifting people to support me on my journey.
I'm going to start posting all my updates on Facebook so if you want to support me that way you can find my progression on new One Big Healthy Family page that I'm just starting. I would love to build a uplifting community there. I'm going to post everyday inspirations of my own and I would LOVE some more positive input from as many people as I can.
My goal (other than to lose 50lbs by March) is to be accountable and uplifting to as many people as I can. My pledge is to hit it hard for the first 30 days and then post my FIRST "after" picture. I'm hoping it will be the first of many ever improving after pictures.
Please help me if you can and want a new positive friend ♡

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=855747864470835
There's the link for the new page if anyone is interested ♡
I would really love the support and I love to help support everyone else in their journey
-Bianca

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!
    I just started on a new diet plan and I am looking for more inspiration and support and of course more people to stay accountable to! My goal is to lose 50lbs by next March!
    My boyfriend and I are new health coaches and he has been helping me develop a plan for success. Currently I am on a low calorie diet and drink 2 shake meal supplements along with typically 2 small meals and healthy snacks.
    I do my best to keep everything I eat updated in my diary here so I don't cheat but I'm looking for more people to be present on either Facebook or even here (if you're near Phoenix) during the fitcamp I go to Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. We also just started to do our own personal workouts at home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    So far I've only dropped 6lbs and about a pant size which I am ecstatic about but it's already been about 2 months and I thinking just need more positive, uplifting people to support me on my journey.
    I'm going to start posting all my updates on Facebook so if you want to support me that way you can find my progression on new One Big Healthy Family page that I'm just starting. I would love to build a uplifting community there. I'm going to post everyday inspirations of my own and I would LOVE some more positive input from as many people as I can.
    My goal (other than to lose 50lbs by March) is to be accountable and uplifting to as many people as I can. My pledge is to hit it hard for the first 30 days and then post my FIRST "after" picture. I'm hoping it will be the first of many ever improving after pictures.

I would really love the support and I love to help support everyone else in their journey
    -Bianca

Good for you for making a realistic achievable goal.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Research Ketosis Diet, low carb, high fat. A lot of people have a great amount of success on losing weight this way as well. Good luck on your journey!
  • NickiBaca
    NickiBaca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Bianca

Thank you for sharing your journey goals with us, I started loosing weight in August of 2014 I was doing well until about November / December ( of course the holidays screwed me up. After all that I still managed to loose 43 pounds in that time frame. I did protein shakes in the morning , excercised 5 days a week for an hour with a mix of cardio and strength training and ate very little carbs. I have got off track with my goal . So I have only maintained my weight (thank god) after eating crazy since November. Getting back on track is hard but I keep telling myself I did it once I can do it again . It is all about will power :)
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Hi Bianca

Great to see you setting a realistic goal; so many posts want to lose 3-5lbs a week. I started on 3rd Jan at 111.5kg (245lbs) and have steadily been taking it off. I'm currently at 98.5kgs (216lbs) and have a goal of 75kg (165lbs) by Christmas. 15 weeks in so on average I'm losing about 800grams (1.9lbs) a week; that of course fluctuates depending on TOM etc but I'm very happy with the progress.

I walk every week day during my lunch break + 2 power walking sessions on Tues an Thurs nights + a Sat morning walk. My group of friends on MFP has made all the difference in helping me achieve this goal. We support each other (particularly on bad days) and I'd love to help you out too.

Good luck with your goals :smile:
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The fact that you are health coaches, but you are on meal-replacement shakes, does not compute.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is a super realistic goal. Sometimes it is agonizing especially when others lose fast but I have to believe that us slow losers will keep it off easier! I started on Jan 4 so I think that is around 16 weeks ago and I am down 20 lbs since then. It's a nice number and others are now noticing pretty consistently. I count calories and try and stay under 1200 daily. I do some exercise but not a ton...pilates twice a week, walks or bike rides with hubby pretty regularly. I choose to not eat back my exercise calories unless I am super hungry. Looking forward to following your journey!
  • chardonnaybee
    chardonnaybee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you ♡ @elphie754
    @kokorae I've looked that up and tried that before but do you think maybe trying for low carb AND low calorie is asking for too much? I might try for both.
  • chardonnaybee
    Options
    @NickiBaca Thank you for the inspiration and support! Awesome job so far!
    @aussie_girl_del 1.9lbs is SO awesome, way to go! Thanks for the support!
    @misskarne yes, health coaches and yes, meal supplement shakes. Why? They keep us full and full of the the nutrients and protein that we want throughout the busy day. Thanks for the feedback though?
    @suruda I've been aiming for 1200 cals a day too and working out at least 3x a week and also, not eating back the workout calories. We can keep each other inspired!!
  • chardonnaybee
    Options
    Thank you for all the love and support guys♡ you're all so awesome (:
  • thefifthbaex
    Options
    What are your workout programs like @chardonnaybee? I'm needing to lose 47.4lbs myself! So anything you have that works, please suggest!
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    @suruda I've been aiming for 1200 cals a day too and working out at least 3x a week and also, not eating back the workout calories. We can keep each other inspired!!

You're not eating enough. As a "health coach" you should know that. You don't need stupid shakes.

• olivia_june
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    So, by 'health coaches' do you mean 'Beachbody or some other MLM scheme reps'?

I don't totally discount the use of meal replacement shakes (although most proprietary ones are overpriced and can easily be replicated by a generic protein shake and multivitamin), but I've yet to meet anyone who used them extensively and kept the weight off.

You might want to look at replacing at least one of the shakes with another meal as time goes by.

^^^^^
  • olivia_june
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    I count calories and try and stay under 1200 daily.

Stop doing that. Eat more. Fuel your body. FFS. This 1200 crap needs to stop.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

-Bianca

Awful, terrible plan

Designed to ensure you yo-yo for the rest of your life

VLCD - No!

Shake meal supplements a day - Hell No!

Health coach - are you kidding me?

Your timescale is fine

Eat to a calorie defecit - real food
    Eat a decent number of calories - do not try to go too fast, slow it down as you get closer to your goal
    Follow a progressive weight lifting programme

Learn new habits and aim for longterm maintenance

• chardonnaybee
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback? Once again looking for POSITIVITY. I'll keep your notes in mind though.
    Thanks!