My poor wee blender has gone with a bang & a puff - Recommendations please

Options
Rukia_K
Rukia_K Posts: 32 Member
edited April 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Hi folks,

I am looking for a blender for morning smoothies - blending frozen fruit, kale and flax - not nails! I cannot and more importantly will not spend >£250 ($375) for a blender and therefore the Vitamix/Blendtec are out of the question.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Rukia

Replies

• intrigare
    intrigare Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I bought a Nutribullet after a coworker recommended it. It seems to do what it's advertised to do in the infomercials, and blends much better than a blender I used to have. Amazon has them for less than $90.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Maybe 15 years ago I bought an Osterizer 14 speed blender with a mini food processing attachment and it's still going strong. Don't remember what I paid and it looks like they don't make that exact model anymore. Here's the closest thing to it I see now.
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Hi there, apologies I should have mentioned that I am located in Scotland so some of the American brands are not available but admittedly do look delightful. I would be needing something bigger than the bullet types of blender as I tend to make almond milk and smoothies for the family - apologies again these details should have been included in the initial post.

Has anyone got experiences of the Enpee or Berg blenders? (probably a long-shot but worth asking)
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Thanks for your comments Intrigare and OldHobo :)
  • rmurratti
    rmurratti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have Nutri bullet 900... Love it ... You can keep your eye out for a coupon for Kohls and get a great deal!! If I remember it was originally $120 with 30% off $80 good luck!
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Thanks rmurratti for the suggestion :) I have concluded that I need a family sized jug blender :o
  • WeighToGoJudy
    WeighToGoJudy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If it's available to you in your country I would highly recommend looking into a Ninja. Mine was under 150.00 american, and does everything I need it to. Love how easy my smoothies are blended, and I use frozen fruit.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    If it's available to you in your country I would highly recommend looking into a Ninja. Mine was under 150.00 american, and does everything I need it to. Love how easy my smoothies are blended, and I use frozen fruit.
    This....my 1st Ninja went to a friend & works fine,must be 8-9 yrs old. The new Ninja is a marvel ! Wanted one for frozen fruit,ice cubes etc. In less than a minute,it makes a great smoothie.Can you order from Amazon? Good luck in finding your blender.

• lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You want one with at least a 1000 as the engine speed (can't recall the term) to break up frozen fruit and ice properly and it will last a few years. I have a Breville but there's lots out there that are good. I spend the money on a good blender because I use it several times a day and want everything incorporated well.
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Thanks all - I'm currently looking at the BERG blender 1500w 2HP - Not too shabby - Have spoken with the customer service about the 7year warranty and like the Vitamin/Blendtec it covers the motor which isn't bad as you would expect wear and tear of the jug/blades etc especially before 7 years when used 3 times a day every day. Will give it further thought though.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Blentec is good too and 1500watts (that's the term!) is a good speed to have.
  • knitsteel
    knitsteel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got the Nutribullet Pro for $99. It does an amazing job on smoothies.
  • knitsteel
    knitsteel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry, just saw the comments about needing a bigger jug style. We use a Ninja too which is fine. Now I want to look up the BERG blender 1500w 2HP that you mentioned.
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Ninja. Mine came with a large and small blender. Great for smoothies and food processing.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I saw a Ninja yesterday for $100. Do Ninja.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    This....my 1st Ninja went to a friend & works fine,must be 8-9 yrs old. The new Ninja is a marvel ! Wanted one for frozen fruit,ice cubes etc. In less than a minute,it makes a great smoothie.Can you order from Amazon? Good luck in finding your blender.

Love my Ninja got it for Christmas this year best present in the world it chops ice and frozen fruit like a steel grinder awesome
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their honest recommendations and boy am I jealous that you guys pay $100 for a ninja as I am based in Scotland where the jug ninja would set me back £200 ($300) and sadly their customer service in the uk is not so good (like most these days)
    Anyhoo, I bit the bullet and purchased the Berg blender so will wait and see if its a hit or miss
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Apologies Ninja customer service is OK I got mixed up with Nutribullet who I was informed were awful and resistant to admitting there was a fault with any of their machines
  • paulei1975
    paulei1975 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix is incredible. I couldn't live without it.
  • paulei1975
    paulei1975 Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry I didn't read the rest of your post,,, I've heard they are in the process of making a travel size, which should cheaper.