beckyhardie627
beckyhardie627 Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
just wonderin

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Well, I personally don't figure out how much belly fat is left because it's either there or it isn't. It may also be the last to go, so there's a chance that it won't change for a while. There are also people who don't have enough lean mass to have a flat stomach, so they would have to get to very low body weight to get close to losing the belly fat.

If you absolutely need to know how much fat you have you could try the visual method.
    body-fat-percentage-women-abs-and-bossom.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I generally look in the mirror. Or just look down. Pretty easy to figure out how much fat is on my stomach.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror?
  • alysme
    alysme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I look and give it a poke.
    The wobble test... If I jump does it wobble?
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    get some calipers from e-bay.
    they're probably less than $5..
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Body fat Callipers, if you want to know percentage. Even the cheap ones come with a chart and instrctions
  • rawstrongchick
    rawstrongchick Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Abdominal fat? Or body fat? Because the answer to that will depend on how you store your fat. Your male according to your profile (I was thrown by the username at first!) so there will be less variance with where fat is stored than on a female - I was about to launch into a massive spiel about whether you store fat on your lower half or tummy until I realised it wasn't applicable! Visual guides are the best best, try googling images of male body fat. There is a good male chart on the built lean website. I think how you look and how you feel are much better guides to body fat than anything else. Photos help if you feel you aren't seeing progress, try taking them every 4 weeks or so to compare.
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    35% looks perfect. I think i am in love
  • skymonster999
    skymonster999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm at 45%
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just kind of squeeze it and think yep, still there. I don't really need to know the exact amount. It's either too much or acceptable.