Find walking boring

Options
124»

Replies

• nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I listen to podcasts. I have the whole series of Welcome to Night Vale so far downloaded to my phone. It's pretty amazing and it makes every walk pretty engaging for me. I can imagine audiobooks would work too. :)
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    podcasts/ebooks is the solution for me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Walk different directions.

Walk different places.

Get a bicycle.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I find audiobooks boring but I love old time radio podcasts. People sure loved their private eye shows in the 40s and 50s. Also I second the idea of walking to a destination and back. I joke that I'm going to advertise my house as "walking distance to Starbucks and downtown" when I sell. They are 5 and 6 km away. I also found out by walking that the golf course 30 minutes away has a bar open to the public.
  • kellyannecandy
    kellyannecandy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Right everybody, I've borrowed a dog......wish me luck, we're going for it!
  • mxechelon
    mxechelon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Podcasts are so great. I listen to This American Life and Welcome to Night Vale and the TED Talks ones can be cool, I could walk for hours just listening to podcasts or music
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Find something else you like and go with that.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I hear your pain! Walking just to walk is mind numbingly dull. I do listen to music, and sometimes I do the treadmill/tv thing at the gym. I do enjoy it more at the park, and I can do it all day with a friend to chat with, but then the problem becomes who is holding who back. I don't know why the walking gets me so bad, I swim over a mile, and can do elliptical for an hour.. but the walking makes me crazy bored.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I change my route once in a while. I do find my regular route boring sometimes, and I do use music. My mp3 also has radio and I like National Public Radio, so sometimes a good informational program will keep me interested. Some people also download books. As the seasons change, though, sometimes I notice things in my neighborhood, which makes things interesting -- crocuses, birds, new plantings in people's yards. If you think walking outside is boring, the treadmill is even worse unless you have a TV in front of it. I actually find Lesley Sansone's videos boring. I was using them in the winter last year and after I got used to a couple of them, I would actually turn the sound off, and use my MP3 player while watching!