Stuck in hotels!!

Options
I'm Julie. I travel for work n it's hard to always get enough exercise n eat correctly when on the road. Also quite lonely. Looking to make some friends to keep me company.

Replies

• EaglesFan4Ever
    EaglesFan4Ever Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. From whatever town you are in tonight...lol!!!
  • BeanieCjones
    BeanieCjones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Iv been in the same situation before just take a pair of trainers with you for a run on an evening and look into getting food from somewhere that's cheap like aldi and work out a plan that suits you
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    Does your hotel have a gym or pool?
  • agirlonadiet1
    Options
    I've been in your shoes. Most hotels have an indoor gym so try and use their treadmill if you can. I tend to bring my laptop and pop in a workout dvd that won't bother the people below me too much.
    Eating was the challenge but I'd figure out where the closest grocery store was and get some small pre-made salads and snacks and stick them in the mini-fridge. Also, carry health bars in your purse. Good luck! I hope that helps. :)
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    call me a freak but when on business trips it is the easiest to throw in a work out and eat what I need to eat... everything is easier in terms of timings, meal preps etc.... only thing that can affect is the motivation to do it! Dubai this week - India next week... you?
  • baskeyfielddreamer
    baskeyfielddreamer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Does your hotel have a gym or pool?

It's doesn't but I have ventured out to the local neighbors to walk daily. There is no where around here to eat. There is a gas station across the road that makes a salad but I would be afraid to figure the calories on it..its usually not the difficult but this place is just the pits. It's actually a very unsafe city so I'm staying on the outskirts. A trip to Walmart today landed me with some water, yogurts, sliced turkey, fruit, and celery.
  • baskeyfielddreamer
    Options
    I've been in your shoes. Most hotels have an indoor gym so try and use their treadmill if you can. I tend to bring my laptop and pop in a workout dvd that won't bother the people below me too much.
    Eating was the challenge but I'd figure out where the closest grocery store was and get some small pre-made salads and snacks and stick them in the mini-fridge. Also, carry health bars in your purse. Good luck! I hope that helps
    Thanks doll. I am on the bottom floor but I've been walking outside. No gym here.
  • baskeyfielddreamer
    Options
    Thanks doll. I am on the bottom floor but I've been walking outside with my dog. No gyms here.
  • livinmydreamsthruJesus
    livinmydreamsthruJesus Posts: 38 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi, how about fitness blender? Almost all their workouts don't need any equipment. Check them out. They have 400 workout videos, and you could probably do them in your hotel room. The different video categories they have are yoga, HIIT, cardio, strength training, Pilates, Barre, and a ton of others.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. From whatever town you are in tonight...lol!!!
    Eagles fan huh?!?
    Seahawks here :smiley: