Favourite Way to Cook Chicken

Options
2»

Replies

• andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If you have the ability to buy/make/use a Sous Vide machine, by all means do.

It is by far the best way to cook any protein. It is used by high end restaurants to make pillow soft steaks, super juicy burgers etc...

I cook my chicken breasts in a bit of fat (EVOO, butter), S&P, oregano, hot paprika, dry onion and garlic powders, and lemon peel.

The cooking time is about 90 minutes at 57C (135F).

I cook a bunch (individually bagged) breasts at the same time which can be cooled and frozen for future use.

I finish the perfectly cooked chicken breast in a screaming hot pan to "caramelize" the breast surface.
    It only takes a minute (or less) on each side.

Once you have a perfectly cooked meat in SV, everything else tastes like eating sand...
    Enjoy.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My favourite method is making a little "dish" out of tin foil and then putting the chicken breast in that, drizzled with a tiny bit of olive oil, some lemon juice, paprika, garlic, salt + pepper.

Doing it in a little "boat" means the chicken bakes inside all the liquid and it the tastes AMAZING. And then you can use the leftover juices in a yummy salad dressing! Just add a bit more olive oil and whisk it all up :)
  • erebass
    erebass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use my crock pot all the time. Chicken with stuffing, chicken Parmesan, Salsa Chicken, etc.. All can be found on Pinterest and fit in to my calorie count just fine. :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I use my Nuwave Oven to cook boneless chicken breast.
  • whattheJKD
    whattheJKD Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Poached boneless skinless thighs and breasts. Boil them in a stock pot for 1/2 hr with a peeled halved onion, stick or two of celery, bay leaf, bit of salt and 10 or so black peppercorns. Remove from liquid, cool, slice cross-grain and shred. Use or freeze. Strain and save leftover stock.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been using my electric pressure cooker to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts with either brown rice or lentils (or both), some liquid, and different seasonings depending on my mood. I'll then pre-portion meals to take with to work or heat up for dinner.