What time do you go to bed?

Options
Looking at a previous article of what time you exercise, I'm so impressed with how many people start their workouts at 5am or earlier! I workout at 8am most mornings, but I work from home... It's hard enough as I'm not a morning person, and I really can't imagine forcing myself out of bed any earlier!

So, do you get enough sleep? What time do you get to bed to feel OK getting up at 4/5am?

Replies

• chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I used to do morning workouts getting up at 5am and used to go to bed around 10pm, felt like that was sufficient sleep. I've changed to evening work outs now but only because of my work schedule. You'll soon get into the routine of going to bed early enough as you'll be really tired come 9:30pm!
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The answer is never. The earliest I work out by choice is 9AM, but races usually start at 8AM so I'm forced to workout earlier, ha. I am not an early morning person.

Also, it's 1AM and I'm on the MFP forums....lol...

Edit to add that I'm a stay at home mom and go to the gym at 9:30AM after I drop my son off at school....so it may be different if I had an actual job haha
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in bed by around 9-9:30pm.. though generally get up to go to the gym at 5am!!
    Thank your deity of choice for pre-workout and energy drinks! ;)
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Between 1 - 2 P.M. I work 3rd shift.
  • danicristina2015
    danicristina2015 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have to wake up at 6:30 am so I go to bed around between 10-11 pm
  • KatsuNinja
    KatsuNinja Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My partner and I have a plan to go to bed at 10pm, but he comes home from work at 5.30 and by the time the home projects are done its always around 11 or later... Top tip- less projects and more chill time!
  • englishmermaid
    englishmermaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    7 last night, I was extra tired, usually about 9ish tho
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If I want to get up at 5:30am for the gym I really need to be settling down to sleep at 10pm.

The older I get the more I love my sleep though, so early nights are not something I struggle with!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Since I’m up at 4am, I try to get to bed between 8 - 9pm. Seven to nine hours a night to make sure I’m getting the most out of my workouts (recovery) and managing my hormones as best I can. Workouts are important, but sleep is a very close second. In fact, sleep deprivation is a major cause/effect of obesity.
  • Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up at 5:30am and I go to bed around 9-10pm. I usually get around 7.5-8hrs of sleep each night.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I'm *usually* laying with my eyes closed and headed to sleep by 10, and can be in bed anywhere from 8 - 9:30 (i read, play solitaire, watch tv, etc before i go to sleep).

I get up between 5:30-6 on school days (to get my son up) and when there's no school.... anywhere from 6-8 on my own.

I don't workout super early in the morning though. I'll head to the gym anywhere from 8-9, depending on what else I have to do that day.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I try and sleep from 9-5 or somewhere in there...today I just woke up at 4 though. I am a morning person and always have been. Even if I stay up late I tend to wake up at the same time and then feel crappy most of the day due to lack of sleep.
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I go to bed around 9:30-10:30 usually I get ready for bed at 9:30 so i'm in bed starting to go to sleep by 10. I get up between 5-5:30am but unfortunately not to workout to go to work. I have a 150km drive each way.
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just started back to 6 am boot camp and my instructor said to go to bed at 8 for the first little while. I actually went to bed the first night with my gym clothes on so all I had to do was get up and go!!! No judging!!! It worked!!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    On work days I have to get up at 4:20am so I try to get to bed before 9:30pm, or 9:50pm at the latest.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've always been a night owl. ...but lately with all the working out, I'm exhausted and cranky if I don't get to my bed by 9 or 10 pm....and I sleep deep. We usually have to be on the road pretty early so rarely sleep in.

I used to think I had chronic insomnia, even before gaining weight. Maybe I've found the cure lol.
  • BethanyFrerichs
    BethanyFrerichs Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    4am is when I finally crash. Have always had insomnia and nothing works so I quit fighting it. I stay at home so it's no biggie.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't do early mornings. Ever. Even for pizza.

I go to bed around 9, sleep around 11, wake between 8-9. I'm very pleased with my sleep - a year ago I was diagnosed with severe sleep deprivation.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I work split shifts which is a blessing for me since I am not a morning person. I.wake up at 6am and start work at 7. I've tried waking up at 4 to go to the gym first thing and see what it's like but I never got past the first alarm. I work 7-9am then 11:30-6pm so I go in between. I then go to bed between 9-11pm.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:30 to work at 5 until 6 at night, 5 days a week. Then there is mandatory overtime.......