How it should be!

Options
Over the past few weeks I've noticed many people judging others. You've heard it too. Your calories are too low. You must eat your exercise calories back. You are on one of those crazy fad diets. It won't work. You must do this, you can't do that. You get the picture.

Basically the message is: I won't support you if you don't do it my way!

Come on my MFP friends, we are all here to make our life better. Personally I'm taking this journey the good old fashioned way - calories in vs. calories out, because that's the right way for me. But I have many friends, both on MFP and not, that have chosen a different way to shed the weight - and I support them 100% in doing what's right for them! I'm not in their shoes so the judgment is not mine to make.

Join me in committing to support and motivate each other - regardless of our different choices. Here's to a healthier life for everyone!

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
    The only one to judge ANY of us is God..... He doesnt need our help.
    And if any of us were perfect, we wouldnt need MFP in the first place, so who are any of us to bully our ideas on anyone else!
    We all like to BE supported, so it is time that every one of us hands it out in return! :o)
  • AmyB2011
    AmyB2011 Posts: 48
    Options
    I agree completely! :flowerforyou:
  • ricepattikay
    ricepattikay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, plus most people have tried umpteen diets before (and if they are lucky enough) finding one that works and they can stick to it. What works for one doesn't work for another anyway. I lost 100 lbs 5 years ago only to gain it back over several years. This time I have got to lose it doing something I can actually do for the rest of my life!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Over the past few weeks I've noticed many people judging others. You've heard it too. Your calories are too low. You must eat your exercise calories back. You are on one of those crazy fad diets. It won't work. You must do this, you can't do that. You get the picture.

Basically the message is: I won't support you if you don't do it my way!

Come on my MFP friends, we are all here to make our life better. Personally I'm taking this journey the good old fashioned way - calories in vs. calories out, because that's the right way for me. But I have many friends, both on MFP and not, that have chosen a different way to shed the weight - and I support them 100% in doing what's right for them! I'm not in their shoes so the judgment is not mine to make.

Join me in committing to support and motivate each other - regardless of our different choices. Here's to a healthier life for everyone!
    Great post - I hope everyone does this in a healthy and sustained way but I KNOW they won't if we belittle and beleaguer them...
    Even making fun of or griping about grammar on the boards is bad...

It is about support - thank you so much for taking the time to point it out - lovely to have it here!
    Hope you are doing great in your journey to health!!!
    Take care,
    C.J.
  • RoxMyWorld
    RoxMyWorld Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% I removed some friends who were always telling me what was bad about my eating. I have two jobs and two kids and dont have time to make every single thing fresh and I got tired of hearing it so I got rid of them because this is suppose to be a positive and motivating place!! Yeah for you for speaking up!!
  • TurtleCrush
    TurtleCrush Posts: 80
    Options
    Your so right. I haven't said it but I don't eat back my exercise calories starting this week because that's how I want to do it. I have been eating alot healthier so I feel like I am eating more which I am but they are so low calories that I don't feel I should eat my exercise calories because my stomach is already full of fruits veggies and natural grains. I just have to say I am so glad that you are my MFP friend :)

Big hugs!
  • AliBlake29
    AliBlake29 Posts: 12
    Options
    I completely agree lady :) we are all here to make a journey, whether it to loose weight, to be more healthy, to get in shape, to battle healthy issues and we are all different in many ways but we all come to MFP for the same reason "to change". We are all supposed to be friends and we all need support. Everyone eats different, cooks different, does different exercises, and we definetly all loose weight different. But that is the thing that is so great because we should all be sharing this information with each other, giving each other tips and pieces of advice that has worked for us .... so that it may help our MFP friends or give them ideas to try something different when a plateau is hit. We shouldn't be judging period. We should be doing what friends do, and true friends don't judge.

I hope you have a wonderful day, keep up the great work, you are an inspiration 87lbs down.... you go girl! What you do is working because that is a major accomplishment :)

Love your MFP Friend,
    Alicia
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Thanks and I totally agree. None of us knows what will or will not work for others. A totally very personal decision indeed. I am glad I am not the only one who have noted how opinionated many are on MFP. It no longer bothers me and it made me be less opinionated myself.

I will delete and have deleted friends with negative vibes, highly offensive and negative comments to myself or others, and in the news feed. I am so into positive and/or useful feedback. I can tell the difference for sure. Some don't mean any harm and I don't mind that either but some can spew a lot of negative crap that is so needless and unnecessary. Can we agree to disagree? :happy: There are many ways to any destination. Does that make one route wrong as long as you end up at the right place? One make take longer or less time but we ultimately all have the same goals.
  • Immaskinnycow
    Immaskinnycow Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've not really been here long, but in the time that I have been here, I had several people comment in private message/email that I'm not eating enough, I shouldn't eat ice cream, I need to eat more eggs, drink milk. I personally don't eat eggs or drink milk. I really just blew it off people needing to blow off steam or vent. One person even went as far to say I needed counseling because I was trying to loose weight the wrong way. I was rather sick for a week or so and for me personally when I'm sick, its hard to eat. If it's not staying down, I'm not going to bother eating it.

Dieting for me is really simple. When I get full, I stop eating. It doesn't matter what my calorie count is, when I get full, I stop. So far it works for me. This is a journey, not a race. We each have to find our own path and steady pace and see what works for us. Hopefully when it's all said and done we'll all be a little thinner and a whole lot healthier.