Thoughts on Nutella

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Revolting - overly sweet squirrel *kitten*.
    I want to know how you know that.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, you can buy cake frosting with less calories.
    Great idea! Hubby can keep the Nutella and I'll use frosting (whipped chocolate). <3
  • kristalasimpson
    kristalasimpson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nutella is
    I would eat a brick if it were covered in Nutella. Our at least die trying.

Ditto. It cries for me at the grocery store, but as I rarely eat bread now and Nutella on toast was (is) my favourite snack/meal of all time, I sadly walk past it wiping away my own tears.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I love it mixed with plain greek yogurt and strawberries. Or on pretty much anything.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My childhood was based on Nutella. My sister seems to have rediscovered it. Every time I make her a slice, I take a sniff. Weird, but it helps. It's amazing how I can control myself around chocolate, but not when it comes to peanuts or apples. Still have to work on that.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!

Back in the early 90's I was introduced to Nutella when I went to visit my brother and his family who were living in France at the time. It was not available in the US so they had to bring back a bunch of jars for me when they moved back. Now that it is available everywhere, I hardly eat it.

My SIL was in heaven though. The kids were too small to help themselves and my brother is severely allergic to hazelnuts so she had the jar all to herself unless she was feeling generous enough to give some to the kids.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, and I'm not gonna try it. That way I can convince myself it's not that good. :D
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it--the responsible part of my brain realizes it's just way too many calories.

Now--Reese's spread--I bought that for my rapidly growing, underweight son--that tastes like melty Reese's peanut butter eggs and I lick the knife every chance I get!!! (Still a lot of calories, but worth it in small doses!)
  • merechai
    merechai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would eat a brick if it were covered in Nutella. Our at least die trying.

Absolutely.

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Its awesome! This thread is making me really want Nutella :/
  • merechai
    merechai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The small packets helped my portion control in the past.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nutella-Individual-Single-Weight-ounces/dp/B000QCOALC
    I never have it in my house anymore. Either because we just bought it and ate the whole jar in less than a day or because I know I will do that so I don't buy it.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can buy it in bulk at Costco... and by "can" I mean I have done so... and by "have done so" I mean I do so... It's delicious demon magic
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I bought a small jar to make chocolate whipped cream for my boyfriend's cake. There's still 1/4th of the jar left. I hadn't touched it since February. It's too sweet, just tastes like regular melted chocolate and I really don't understand why people like it so much.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Overpriced, slightly waxy tasting sugar bomb. I've had better chocolate.
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This thing is so awfully tasty!! I don't know the evil mind who's actually behind Nutella but he owe all of us a big apology.
    I could steal a kid's treat while passing in the streets if I'd smell Nutella. And they'd better not try to resist.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Meh. Even my toddler won't eat it.

*ducks and backs out slowly*
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This thing is so awfully tasty!! I don't know the evil mind who's actually behind Nutella but he owe all of us a big apology.
    I could steal a kid's treat while passing in the streets if I'd smell Nutella. And they'd better not try to resist.

He died long ago. Have you ever tried Ferrero Rocher chocolates. It's his recipe as well. They're to die for.

• angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like it occasionally but it's too sickly to eat regularly. I can keep a jar in the cupboard for weeks.