Has anyone done the slim in 6 work out programme?

Options
gemmi33
gemmi33 Posts: 67 Member
Hi I have just ordered this and was wondering if anyone has done this and what were the results?? I just can't seem to stay motivated and need some inspiration. Thank you in advance :)

Replies

• bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago, back in the late 90s. It was my first real program. I loved it a lot at the time. It doesn't reality do much for me nowadays, but I'm a lot more fit. If you're just starting out, it's a good program.
  • PurplePoloPlayer
    PurplePoloPlayer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Slim in 6. It is a great workout if you're getting started. Many people go right to the Insanity or more advanced videos and end up quitting because they can't keep up.
  • gemmi33
    Options
    Thanks so much for replying. Bogden I can't wait to be that fit... I find the first work out hard!! Lol. Here to the next 6 weeks. Movros what differences did you notice? Thanks
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've had it since the 90's and have gone back to it over and over again and went on to purchase her Slim Series dvd's which are intended as a continuation after you complete Slim in Six. It is an excellent and sensible program for getting into shape (with minimal injury risk). You will be sore in the beginning, but stick with it and that will subside - listen to your body" as Debbie says, and you will see overall great results. I highly recommend using the Slim and Limber stretching routine as often as you can, too. It is a great stretching routine and helps alleviate the soreness. Debbie Siebers is an outstanding instructor and a class act! The success stories and photos shown in the DVD are very realistic if you do the workouts along with a proper eating plan. Enjoy!
    ETA - as far as my personal results, I used this along with walking to lose weight after each of my babies:). It worked very well.
  • amygould
    amygould Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't personally done it, but it is a great workout for people who aren't ready to tackle the more demanding Beachbody workouts.
  • gemmi33
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your replies, it really is nice to hear feedback from other people. @ Healthymom, I will definitely take your advice on the slim and limber stretching. I can't wait to see some results :)
  • phitnessjunky
    phitnessjunky Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved it!! Did it 3 years ago, and lost a stone, and really toned up!, its great for thighs , legs and glutes, never had so much defined bottom half in a small amount of time. I loved it so much, I also bought her other DVD, its a lot harder, but if you stick to it, it really does change your body, :)
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the Slim in 6. The results are eye opening! If you stick with it and follow it, you WILL lose inches for sure! I'm in a Facebook Group called Slim in 6 and there is also a Challenge group.
  • gemmi33
    Options
    I am so excited to hear this, I'm deffo going to stick to this... Even if when I get home from work and get that can't be bothered feeling!! I am desperate to tone up and get some weight off. Here's to the next 6 weeks :-) I think I'll get some before pics taken
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and toned up amazingly. I lost my way though and am on a fresh start again so am straight back to it. It's great as its low impact but it really shapes your body. Stick with it. I'm on week 2 and already arms and bottom are shaping up. I know that feeling of getting home and feeling the desire just to sit but get to it! You feel soooooo great once you get it done. At least the first two weeks are only the 32 minutes programme so it flies by:))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!