nibbling at work

Options
Ali_TSO
Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
I've got a desk job, and even right after lunch, I feel like nibbling. What's the TRICK?!? :(

Replies

• Nina_Crowson
    Nina_Crowson Posts: 136
    Options
    Bump because i need that answer,

i chew gum but sometimes i want something crunchy..lol
  • geraintf
    geraintf Posts: 15
    Options
    dried mango or apricots are great to snack on or unsalted nuts are great (full of good fats and protein). I would think if you are craving snacks after lunch then you are not eating a balanced lunch?
  • geraintf
    geraintf Posts: 15
    Options
    dried mango or apricots are great to snack on or unsalted nuts are great (full of good fats and protein). I would think if you are craving snacks after lunch then you are not eating a balanced lunch?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I do more of a grazing lunch so I am snacking for what feels like hours. Today I had a Greek yogurt, celery with peanut butter and raisins, cheese and crackers, and a banana.
  • Ali_TSO
    Options

I don't know....I mean, I had veggie burger, full of protein, I had some carbs, etc... I thought I was doing pretty good. My diary is public though...
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Air pop some popcorn the night before and bring some in to work wiht you, premeasured. Ver low cal and you could snack on a couple of cups of it all afternoon!
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    Air pop some popcorn the night before and bring some in to work wiht you, premeasured. Ver low cal and you could snack on a couple of cups of it all afternoon!

I got some Pop Secret 100 cal bags, perhaps I could eat 1/2 a bag in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon. :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've got a desk job as well and I pack food for the entire day. I eat every hour so I don't get those munchies. Most days what I pack are: boiled egg whites, cereal with almond milk, granny smith apple, ham or turkey sandwich, lunch (usually leftovers from the night before), carrots, 2 chocolate pudding snack packs (80 calories each), grapes, canteloupe. Some days I bring broccoli and cauliflower in fat free italian dressing. I prep everything the night before (about 30 mins of work).
  • Ali_TSO
    Options
    I've got a desk job as well and I pack food for the entire day. I eat every hour so I don't get those munchies. Most days what I pack are: boiled egg whites, cereal with almond milk, granny smith apple, ham or turkey sandwich, lunch (usually leftovers from the night before), carrots, 2 chocolate pudding snack packs (80 calories each), grapes, canteloupe. Some days I bring broccoli and cauliflower in fat free italian dressing. I prep everything the night before (about 30 mins of work).

Not a bad idea. I've actually thought about bringing in a couple of hard boiled eggs, but I've never tried them before...
  • brattyworm
    brattyworm Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue. I do 100 cal snacks, a fruit of some sort and it varies from apples, cantaloupes, watermelons, etc. , a protien shake, and some sunflower seeds as well as some other kind of nuts like pistachio or almonds.
    The sunflower seeds are my saving graze as they give me crunchy without being overly fattening and are good for the body. And if you have to be concerned with sodium they come in low sodium too.
    sometimes i mix it up with some cheerios or kix or some other easily munchabele cereal