New! HI!

Options
Hi. My name is Arielle. I am new here. I have been looking for some sort of online community like this. I am in desperate need to lose weight. I am in the performing arts and I am about to graduate and head out in the "real world" of show business. I hear constantly from teachers and my peers that I need to lose weight. Not that I needed to hear it from them to realize it. I know that I need to lose weight in order to be more successful in my career. It's not just about the physical appearance, but I feel unhealthy as well. I am a junk food junky as well as a comfort eater. So, it is definitely difficult for me lose weight. But, due to recent events, I really was pushed over the edge to finally commit myself to losing weight. It'll be relatively easy the first week because I had that push of motivation, but I know it's just going to get harder as the days and weeks go by. Hopefully by joining this community and recording my results, I will be successful. I know all the right things to do, I just need the motivation to continue with it and continue pushing myself. I wish everyone the best of luck. And, I'll be seeing you all around!

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    Hi. My name is Arielle. I am new here. I have been looking for some sort of online community like this. I am in desperate need to lose weight. I am in the performing arts and I am about to graduate and head out in the "real world" of show business. I hear constantly from teachers and my peers that I need to lose weight. Not that I needed to hear it from them to realize it. I know that I need to lose weight in order to be more successful in my career. It's not just about the physical appearance, but I feel unhealthy as well. I am a junk food junky as well as a comfort eater. So, it is definitely difficult for me lose weight. But, due to recent events, I really was pushed over the edge to finally commit myself to losing weight. It'll be relatively easy the first week because I had that push of motivation, but I know it's just going to get harder as the days and weeks go by. Hopefully by joining this community and recording my results, I will be successful. I know all the right things to do, I just need the motivation to continue with it and continue pushing myself. I wish everyone the best of luck. And, I'll be seeing you all around!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards! The food & exercise logs are great tools & once you start to see results, you'll become re-motivated. The site works wonderfully & the people on the boards are great. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Arielle. Great name by the way!
    MFP is such a great place that you WILL still find it fairly easy, as well as downright fun, so you WILL be able to stick with it after the first few weeks!
    I've been on just about every "diet" known, including hypnosis twice, and nothing has worked till MFP! You'll find that MFP ISN'T a diet, it's a "lifestyle change". I didn't understand that when I first came, but, after being here, it sunk in.
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose all the weight that you want to!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I know that I need to lose weight in order to be more successful in my career. It's not just about the physical appearance, but I feel unhealthy as well.
    I just need to say that please make sure you're doing this more for you and your health and not for what you think other people want. Feel good about you, and you'll have no trouble being successful in what you do. And starting at a young age to have a healthy lifestyle and self-image is awesome. You're going to do great!!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome aboard and good luck! You'll reach your goal in no time:flowerforyou: