I guess i am sort of new again 2 years has past since i have been on here

Options
james6998
james6998 Posts: 743 Member
Hard to believe that 2 years has gone by. Started as a quest for my abs, still working on them. I have 26 years of weight lifting under my belt so if anyone has any questions i might be able to help with, feel free to fire away.

Replies

• Chirdis
    Chirdis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey dude, third day here, keep working on the abs! I am still maybe.. A bit more than a novice with lifting and have tried many different routines and schedules.. Made a new one from what knowledge I have and I guess I'd like if you could just let me know if the muscle groups I have each day are okay and won't really interfere with other muscle groups on the other days..
  • james6998
    Options
    The good news about being in your 20s.... is the body's ability to recover so quick. Unless your are working your full body everyday, i wouldn't worry so much about muscle groups interfering with each other. If you really are questioning your routine, feel free to msg me with your set up.
  • kimberlyanne0522
    kimberlyanne0522 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi guys.... I'm in maintain mode now for almost a year and need to find more creative ways to add lean protein as I rely to heavily on shakes (shakeology, etc). Any ideas? If either of you are open to sharing your diary and add me I would appreciate it :)
    Also I'm trying to build more muscle but not bulk up... Any ideas on that front?

Sorry for the double dip on the questions.

• james6998
    Options
    I also rely on shakes, cheap source of protein. I eat chicken breast, tuna, but mainly rely on my 4 shakes a day. To mix it up i will add greek yogert to my shake, peanut butter. Freeze it, add nuts, i have also used it as my milk over my cereal. I always keep an open diary and protein is my main concern so feel free to check it out. As far as bulking up... Unless you are taking steroids, you are pretty safe there. Bulking up comes from the opposite of what most of us are doing on here. Instead of keeping calories under, you add a % of extra calories to your diet to add weight. You stick with maintaining or a deficit you will have no issues with bulking up.