insanity workout

Options
so Ive started the insanity workout today at 5ft6 and 176.5lbs. I was wondering if anyone , who wasn't at all fit when they started it, had completed it or had great results or not so good results or anything? any tips or info or anything would be great. thanks :)

Replies

• clairelouisedaniels21
    Options
    Hey!

I did Insanity two years ago and maintained my figure and weight thereafter. It's tough, I'm not going to lie. I was relatively fit when I started and the fitness test almost killed me!

I'm starting it again today. I'm 4 months post natal and, other than long walks, haven't exercised properly since 2013 so I'm very unfit. The only advice I can give you is take it easy and go at your own pace. DO NOT TRY KEEPING UP WITH TANYA AND SHAUN IN YOUR FIRST FEW WEEKS!!! But other than that, have plenty of cold water nearby and enjoy.

Good luck and I'll follow you on your journey!
  • chokeslam512
    chokeslam512 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did it once but modified. We did it every other day instead of every day because I was 245lbs at 5'11". The first day, I couldn't even make it through the warm ups. The workouts were hard all the way through because I would tend to cheat and not put forth full effort. Toward the end of the program, I could keep up on all of the workouts and I considered that to be a victory in itself!

Make sure to follow the diet, that is the most important part if losing body fat is your goal.
  • DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Avoid Insanity...seen to many get hurt. T25 is much safer and get you similar results in a few extra weeks...plus it really tightens up your core.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Insanity was a hard program for me! I started it at 271, and I lost about 30lbs with it. I stopped and modified a lot but if you put every effort into it you will get the results
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago. 5' 7", was 160 when I started. I follwed the meal plan to a T, and at the end I was still 160. But my body looked totally different, clothing fit better, resting heart rate was lower, blood pressure was lower, etc. Just wanted to throw this out there as a reminder that the scale is not the only tool to measure success :)
  • KayleeJeanelle
    KayleeJeanelle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started insanity at 205lbs (I'm 5'7). I lost 15 lbs the first month. And never started the second month (poor choices). I restarted the program last year at 190lbs and completed both months and lost another 15lbs, but was in the best shape of my life by the end! I didn't follow the diet, or do shakeology. I just ate healthy and watched my calories.
  • izzienelsonn
    izzienelsonn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody for all your help and advice and stuff! and well done to to all of u who have completed it or even some of it, I'm inspired to complete it. I'm struggling at the moment but only one day 10 so hopefully I can improve! thank you all :)
  • Mickey1413
    Mickey1413 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 now I'm at 235 and counting down I did it everyday and pushed myself I modified when I needed to and worked up to it. I finished my first round two days ago and I'm starting round two today. Good luck I wish everyone the best of luck, push yourself and trust me you'll see results.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I started at 171 lbs and have 2 weeks left and am currently at 166 lbs. Not a super huge difference on the scale, BUT I noticed huge changes. A lot of my clothes got much looser, my before/after pics show a lot of weight loss in my back and sides (little bit in my stomach), and my cardio and strength levels have DRAMATICALLY increased. It is definitely worth it if you can handle it (modify if you can't).

Here are my fit test results if you want to see how much stronger you will get:

Switch Kicks: 71 - 131 - 145 -150
    Power Jacks: 43 - 55 - 63 - 65
    Power Knees: 80 - 100 - 109 - 115
    Power Jumps: 35 - 52 - 73 - 80
    Globe Jumps: 6 - 11 - 12 - 12
    Suicide Jumps: 17 - 21 -20 - 23
    Pushup Jacks: 15 - 24 - 30 - 35
    Low Plank Obliques: 24 - 33 - 37 -41

Only need one more fit test! (Insanity graduation)
  • glucyang
    glucyang Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am restarting insanity this week and the warms up absolutely killed me. I am not as fit as I use to be but I remember when I did insanity last year I notice within two weeks that I lost an inch around my waist and hip! It works when you put the effort into it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!