Has anyone lost more weight without trying after reaching your goal

Options
my original goal was 120 lbs but when I reached 125 I decided to start maintaining since I was happy where with my weight. I was still tracking my calories to get an idea at eating at maintanance.

However I have since lost more weight since I can feel it in my clothes and the scale is now reading 115 lbs.Allot people told me I look great and not to lose more.I have since stopped counting calories since I am now used to potion control and I exercise regulary.I am scared I am going to keep losing.

Has this happen to anyone?

Replies

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I lost an additional 8 pounds when I switched to maintenance. My goal weight was 120 lbs. and I have settled at 112 lbs. It took slowly increasing my calories each week until I quit losing. It was trial and error. I have not lost or gained any weight in 8 months.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yep. I started maintaining at 152 about 3 weeks ago. Today I'm 149. I find it hard to eat more calories (mental thing) and I'm slowly easing into eating more. I'm not worried about it, I'll figure it out eventually. I'm assuming I'll get to 147 by the time things catch up.

I wouldn't worry about it. It will all work it's way out.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes...I began upping my calories each week by 100/day. Eventually I leveled off and found my maintenance calories. Which by the way have changed again, and after a sedentary winter, I had to cut my calories again. I think it is an ever-changing process!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Heck no, not me! I keep hearing about this and wishing I could have the same thing happen, but I'm old and short so I think I would actually have to chop off a body part or something to lose more lol. If you are starting to see lots of bones sticking out, people worried about you, etc, then try eating things like cheese and peanut butter that have lots of nutrition and lots of calories at the same time.
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    yes, i have lost 4 or so pounds in the month or so i have been on maintenance. eh, I'm not so good at this, lol... but I'm still working on it!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes. I maintained for many months, then suddenly dropped 5 pounds without changing calories. I upped my maintenance and maintained there for another year.
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I've slowed down losing but am still going down. Trying to get to that perfect balance because I don't want to lose much more.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That happened with me too. I got used to eating less and went 5 pounds past my weight loss goal of 130. I have since gained a couple back and now at 128. I still eat the same in calories ad before but haven't been as good about the kinds of food I'm eating. Bread is the devil. Lol.
  • PegMoffat
    PegMoffat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Has happened, here, too. My goal was 160. I reached that on December 1st. This morning I was down to 151.5. I'm eating 1900-2200 cal a day but then my calories burned comes off of that. I try to add more calories but I don't want to eat junk. I'm eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day so am not sure how to find more time to eat. Lol. My weight is bouncing around a bit...up 2lb one week and down 2 the next. At 5'9" I don't really want to lose any more. I feel fine and expect that eventually things will smooth out.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes, last time around I reached my goal weight of 52kg (114 pounds) but the weight kept falling off. I tried to eat more and more but still more weight lost. Got down to 104 pounds. My ribs were poking out, I was sick all the time and my periods stopped. I went home one day and hardly got out of bed for six week after. My body decided it was going to put the weight back on even if it stopped me from exercising. Periods took almost 6 months to come back.
  • SR_86
    SR_86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This happened to me! But I'm not complaining, it means my maintenance is higher than I thought
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Haha nope. I've been maintaining 2-3 pounds over my goal for 9 months (although I did great last month but skipped a period so I didn't lose anything, so who knows where I'm going to be this time).

I'm thinking that people who keep losing are people who had a bigger deficit. Me.. nope. I love eating. I'm in the 'eat as much as you can to lose' camp.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    yes as I reverse dieted I lost an additional 2-3lbs..which was fine for me as I was in range of my goal weight...but an extra 10lbs well you apparently need to eat more food.
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Haha nope. I've been maintaining 2-3 pounds over my goal for 9 months (although I did great last month but skipped a period so I didn't lose anything, so who knows where I'm going to be this time).

I'm thinking that people who keep losing are people who had a bigger deficit. Me.. nope. I love eating. I'm in the 'eat as much as you can to lose' camp.

I'm with you! Initially I lost a few extra pounds over maintenance but once I settled in to the maintenance routine I put on about 4 pounds. I found that with that 4 extra pounds over what I thought was my "goal weight" I still look good, still feel good and I am not stressing about every single calorie. I like food :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I wish! lol, I was hoping I'd be one of those who kept losing teeny tiny amounts but what happened was I gained a tiny amount! 3lbs came whooshing back on after 5 months of eating at maintenance - I thought I was maintaining nicely on 2200 cals! Currently cutting again, have lost 2 if those 3lbs gained but this time I'll aim to lose a further 5lbs to give me leaway :smile:
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow all this stuff about maintaining has me wondering whether I should maintain at my current 149.6 pounds. My start weight was 210 pounds. I really think I should give it a shot to see if I will go down atleast another 5 pounds. If I do, then I will try to maintain from there. Great thread by the way, enjoyed reading those posts.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Err yer I keep losing if I am not careful.. I probably eat way more than most people as well..
  • healthy_life2015
    healthy_life2015 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's so funny to see how many people struggle to lose "the last 5 pounds" but then it seems that many people lose 5 pounds beyond the last 5 lbs. Bodies are weird!
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 pounds below goal after 3 weeks. I've went back up slowly because I don't want to overshoot my range. I will stay at my current calories for another month to be sure it's not just variance and see where I need to settle. I've found many go below their original goal. For me at my age I do feel like I look older then I am when I go more then 5 below.