The hardest part

Options
badgerpam22
badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
For me the hardest part so far is trying to stay motivated.. Being in college I see all these girls and guys ready for beach season all the time and then I get discouraged because I am not there... yet. yet... but I get discouraged when I don't see results. That's the hardest part it seems.

Replies

• dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Can you try to flip it around and look at it differently? Like... "If these people can do it, so can I! I'll be joining them soon! Look at my future. :)"
  • Monstertrel
    Monstertrel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Motivation is very tough.. however, you are doing awesome and losing laziness, weakness, and insignificance before you even lose a pound. Don't focus on the now.... you WILL reach your goal as long as you just keep moving forward...
  • mrsdarkone
    mrsdarkone Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that's why I have given up so many times, I have no patience. This time I know I just need to wait a little longer because others will see it before I do :)
  • Monstertrel
    Monstertrel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ps - add me if you need an accountability partner.. trust me, I'm struggling myself.
  • thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is what I have on my meditation card for today:

"Tomorrow doesn't exist. The length of the journey doesn't matter because there is only today."

You only have to maintain your goals for one day. Today. Eat right, exercise, do what you need to for your body TODAY only.

If tomorrow happens, you only have to maintain your goals for one day.

You can keep motivation for one day. :)
  • badgerpam22
    badgerpam22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I'll keep it all in mind... I'm trying. It's just harder than I want to have it sometimes. I love challenges, but this is a step above...
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im a college student too and I get where youre coming from. Its hard to manage classes, homework, and a social life during the school year let alone fitness! Message me if you need any help :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    For me the hardest part so far is trying to stay motivated.. Being in college I see all these girls and guys ready for beach season all the time and then I get discouraged because I am not there... yet. yet... but I get discouraged when I don't see results. That's the hardest part it seems.
    So what's the option? Quit and still feel the same way? The other thing is comparing yourself to others. When you can get past that, you'll be surprised at what actual results are apparent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fairy2b
    fairy2b Posts: 126 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Personally, I get discouraged with how much time it will take to accomplish a goal. We live in a culture where instant gratification is everywhere! But the quote I recently read that resonated with me was "Never give up just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway"." This rang true for me. I might as well be focusing on making progress and not feel discouraged because the time will pass regardless! You can either be proactive and works towards your goals, or not and wish you had started today 6 months from now!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I agree. Use the beach bodies as encouragement instead of discouragement! If it happened overnight none of us would be here now! You got this....
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I got tired of feeling the guilt and physical symptoms of not eating the right way. Each crap food that I would have, would manifest itself in a mini-spiral for me.