I'm back, again. Journey to lose 100 lbs!

Options
After so many failed attempts I'm ready to kick butt once and for all! My weight loss journey has been a rollercoaster this past year; losing, but always gaining it back because of overthinking and family issues taking over and stopping me. I've struggled with my weight for a long time though since my teens. I started eating for comfort and then came the drinking almost every weekend. Fast forward to now, I'm a 25 year old wife and mother of two with so many goals and so many adventures we have planned, but my weight is still an issue to me. My starting weight is around 285, I say around because I don't have a scale and the last time I was at the doctor's office that's what my weight was. So I'm here, once again, to find a support system. Feel free to add me!

PS - My old account was Abetterfitterme. I created a new one due to security reasons and no longer having access to my email to fix that.

Replies

• PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm back for....well, who cares how many times I've yo-yo-d with MFP... the point is I'm here to lose 83 pounds and for the love of the gods, I've been over thinking it! I didn't realize it until I read your post.
    Sending the FR now :)
  • HarperGirl85
    HarperGirl85 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I lost 100lbs, so I know it's completely do-able. I've been maintaining for 4 years now. Take it day by day and eventually you'll reach your goal.
  • just_a_jessi
    just_a_jessi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! 45 down - 75 to go! You can do it!
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    YOU GOT this! :)
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100#. Believe me, if I can do it at 60, you can do it. Sending friend request as well. It took 13 months. Have been on maintenance since last Sept.
  • esmie3
    esmie3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm also re-starting as of last week. I'm at 285 myself. I'll send the request. It's going to be challenging but we can't give up! :)
  • joydavid314
    joydavid314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Don't be discouraged. I'm trying this again, with a failing thyroid, at age 40. My starting weight was 266. I want to be in the "normal" BMI range for the first time in my life. Just like you, I've struggled with my weight since I was a child. High school was a challenging time wearing between and 12-16 my entire teen years. I've had success in the past after my children were born so I know we can do it!
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    You go girl ! ! ! Take baby steps, and stay motivated. If you ever fail, just wipe the slate clean and start over. You Can Do It ! ! ! ! ! B)
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My journey started with 100+ to lose, so I totally am with you! I am always looking for new friends to help motivate one another, so feel free to add me :) Good luck!
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I started I was at 295...I have lost about 116 pounds and still going. You can do it....just make a habit out of it.
  • sjtooleow
    sjtooleow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat! I've been on MFP for awhile but have never been consistent with tracking food/exercise and now I'm at my heaviest and determined to lose the weight to be healthier! You can do it! :smile:
  • krissywcox
    krissywcox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've got about 70 lbs to lose so I hear ya! I am also a mother of two! I'd like to add you!
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few weeks into my journey, SW of 183, so I'm right there with ya!! You can do this!
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    correction, SW 283 (183 is still a dream world away!)
  • watchmegetfitxo
    watchmegetfitxo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to take this one day at a time and try not to stress about it haha, that was another problem I had the last couple times. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, I really needed this! xx