What will I eat?

Options
My son's school is having there final fundraiser at Islands Resteraunt. So my husband, son and I will be going for dinner. Any suggestions what to eat? Their nutrition list doesn't seem to have any good options in even a moderate amount of calories! I've been good and don't wanna go overboard. I will only have like 500 Cal for this event if I wanna stay to my limit.

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Dont KNow what that restaurant is/has. But surely they have a baked or grilled cicekn or fish entree? Maybe that with a small dinner salad with light dressing? Or a large salad with grilled chicken and dressing on the side? Soup and salad? Hope that helps...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Never heard of that restaurant, but since you know it's a good chance you'll eat more why not just work in an extra workout to earn more calories?
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    It's a burger and fries type of place. They do serve salad and only 1 type of soup. The soup is tortilla chicken with tons of cheese and cals to go with it. Hmmmm.....what to do when my husband will be inhaling a loaded burger and cheese fries infront of me....
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If the nutritionals look that dismal, eat before you go and don't eat while you're there - or only have a side salad with dressing on the side.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I would ask for a take out box when the meal comes cut your burger in half and put one half in the box. Eat slowly so that your husband is done the same time you are. Thats what I would do.
  • sjwarren66
    sjwarren66 Posts: 16
    Options
    Or get what you want, cut it down to the allowable calorie amount (in half, thirds, etc) and take the rest home for another meal the next day.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Just checked out their site: options: ( do not eat the fries! hehe you'll love yourself tomorrow if you don't)

CHINA COAST **ask for no fried noodles
    Grilled & chilled chicken breast, lettuce, carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts, fried noodles, sesame seeds, mandarin oranges & scallions w/sesame dressing

OR

SHOREBIRD ** Ask for the mayo on the side :)
    Grilled chicken breast, pickles, swiss, lettuce, tomato, onion & mayo on an Islands white or whole wheat bun
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Just looked at the menu, what abot the grilled veggie tacos or the sleek greek salad? Both on the "Bikini Beach" section of the menu. Or get the grilled chicken sandwich, dont eat the bun and have a salad on the side instead of fries. Or get any of the tacos and just eat the filligns and not the tortillas and ask for no cheese. I think they have some good options.
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanx for all the suggestions. I guess everything seemed so dismal when I'm used to chowing down on a big cheese burger and ranch fries. I'll make it work!