Day 1! Anyone else?

Options
Hi everyone I'm a Mom of 3 I am at my largest so I need this. Today is my Day 1, everyone has got to start with their first stpeople so here's Mine! Thanks for reading, tell me what's the hardest part to starting up!? I need this!

Replies

• ttausinga5189
    ttausinga5189 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :) the 1st day is always the hardest but it will be all worth it ;)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! :drinker: Don't worry, just eat foods you love (just smaller portions than what you're used to) and stick to your daily calories.
  • Chocalate6
    Chocalate6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First day for me too. I don't even know where to start :(
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    the hardest part is waiting for the weight to start coming off. it can take a couple of weeks. but once it starts, it's much easier to keep going and stay motivated. this app works! as long as you stick with it and abide by your calorie goals. best of luck!
  • sjtooleow
    sjtooleow Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm starting fresh today too! I am also at my heaviest and it's beginning to take a toll on my life and self-esteem. The first week is always the toughest. I managed to do it a few years ago but have since let myself go. Just keep pushing through and keep positive people around you on your journey :)
  • nlworoloc23
    nlworoloc23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! It's much appreciated!!! Guess I've got to start somewhere eh? I actually got me a gym membership for a little more motivation as well but sometimes I feel insecure when I go to the gym so many 'fit' people! :-/
  • sjtooleow
    Options
    @nlworoloc23 I felt the same way when I first signed up for the gym. Luckily, there was a women's only section but eventually I began to feel comfortable enough to go into the unisex area. Mind you, this was about 4 years ago for me. I have since cancelled my membership because I thought I'd be using my apartment gym more -_-"

Sorry I kind of went on a tangent haha. Main thing is to focus on yourself at the gym. Everyone is there for their own reason and usually pretty friendly :smile: Good luck!
  • SarahLiguori
    SarahLiguori Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We are working on lowering cholesterol in our house, first thing I did on day one was empty the cabinets! Filling them now with better healthier options!
  • kimberlyhurt
    kimberlyhurt Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The beginning doesn't have to be so hard. If I could go back in time and give one single word of advice to the 85lb heavier version of myself I would say to make sustainable changes. Small changes add up over time and you will actually stick with them. Rather than trying to cut your calories to 1200 AND go to the gym every day AND give up soda AND this and that and the other..... make little progressive changes over time. For two weeks just commit to logging everything you eat (even if it's pizza). Once that seems easy then add in going for a walk every other day. You may think that rushing things will get you to your goal faster, but as someone who rushed and failed and rushed and failed 1000 times, I'll tell you that slow and steady does indeed win the race.
  • sjtooleow
    Options
    @kimberlyhurt That's great advice :blush:
  • nlworoloc23
    Options
    That is awesome advice @kimberlyhurt thank you!!!
  • kristigibsonzeski
    kristigibsonzeski Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It took time to put it one, so be patient and it will come off "One day at a time"
  • nlworoloc23
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!!! Love all the advice!!!!
  • DewMan13
    DewMan13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Day 1, I am here with you. Father of 3 I am at my heaviest and physically starting to fall apart. Hope to look back at today smile, realizing I started my new life.
  • nlworoloc23
    Options
    @dewman13 well no turning back now! We got this! Yeah!!! Reminds me of that quote I never really understood until now "Today is the first day of the rest of your life"
  • dinabryce320
    dinabryce320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Today is my 1st day! Good luck!
  • HealthyFreya
    HealthyFreya Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day too! You can add me if you like I need supportive friends to keep me set on my goals :smile:
  • nlworoloc23
    Options
    Feels so good! Thanks for the support its been a long time I've wanted to start and really start and put everything into it. I love this app! Good luck everyone message me anytime if you want to chat!!
  • sherrisheppard
    sherrisheppard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first day also.